Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Reading through the available "codex" I see that Hive Tyrant does not have an option for dual boneswords.
Swarmlords come with a lot of them, but thats the swarmlord, not the tyrant.

A warrior can have 2 boneswords but a Tyrant cannot?
Or have I misunderstood the something?

Point: I dont understand German, and the translations available are, well, translations so they might have missed something.

·
Tyranid Warrior Fanatic
2,668 Posts
Nope. tyrants cannot have a pair of boneswords. Pity, because I think it would have been better for them then a bonesword and a lash whip.

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
Hmm, yeah. Swarmlord is a great conversion project, but not really worth playing...

I don't know why you'd want the dual swords on the HT anyways... I'd rather give him dual st's at least that gives him and advantage against everything, and he'll be fighting everything...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont actually plan to field the tyrant atm, but I might. For character hunting dual boneswords would work rather well and generally better then the injector.

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
Just out of principle I'll be fielding a Flyrant. They look awesome their stats look nice and I'm going to love playing with it. At least I can keep it alive a bit longer due to the Tyrant Guard which are expensive but at least make sure it can arrive and squish stuff.

I think the dual talons will do just fine, not going to buy the injectors for it. But I'll probably be sending it into other units rather than caracters... I wanted to build the dakkaflyrant, but it becomes about 305 points which is slightly to my IMHO, the 275 for how I'd field it now is about the max I'm willing to spend on it. (Since the TG will do just fine if they survive long enough)

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
What!?! You mean the HT can't get 2 BS's? I think he just got boned there. ;) Seriously, I'd rather give him 2 scytals, the poison upgrade and a couple of tyrant guards and have them tear sh*t up.

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
What!?! You mean the HT can't get 2 BS's? I think he just got boned there. ;) Seriously, I'd rather give him 2 scytals, the poison upgrade and a couple of tyrant guards and have them tear sh*t up.
Hehe, agreed...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I myself would rather play Tyrants with Bonesword, Lash Whip, and a Heavy Venom Cannon. He'll have to walk places, but he'll be shooting in the meantime. Flyrants are just so damn expensive right now.

·
650 Posts
I myself would rather play Tyrants with Bonesword, Lash Whip, and a Heavy Venom Cannon. He'll have to walk places, but he'll be shooting in the meantime. Flyrants are just so damn expensive right now.
I look at the cost this way... it is the same as providing a unit with a transport option, and the flying double-ST tyrant with be cleaning out whole units.

·
Tyranid Warrior Fanatic
2,668 Posts
I think RC just hates nids. There is no other explanation for them to be giving us such wonderful models (so many different fex biomorph pieces) and then removing them all from the codex except for 5, all of which will likely be rarely used on a fex as none of them really do much for it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With the lictor acting as a beacon, you can DS your flyrant safely.

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
Hmm, don't like dsing him. It's slower then flying and there'll be enough on the table for my opponent to chose from...

I look at the cost this way... it is the same as providing a unit with a transport option, and the flying double-ST tyrant with be cleaning out whole units.
Uhu, and look AWESOME

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.