Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Hey Chief!

Cypher is a bit different as he can Duel wield his pistols during the shooting phase, but it still stands that, seeing as a pistol counts as a Close Combat Weapon in Hand to Hand, there is really no difference between a CCW/BPistol or 2x CCW's or 2x BPistols during the assault phase (unless otherwise stated) ;Y
You can model your Vets with double pistols if you like, even though the majority of people go for Power Weaponry. :p
Also a reminder that a Plasma pistol is only 'plasma' for shooting and not in HTH.

·
LO Ninja
1,214 Posts
Fantastic.
A friend of mine was convinced that having two of the same pistols would consider them "twin-linked" but highly doubted that as it would make them relatively good for the point cost.

Thanks for the help
They dont count as twin linked but just two one handed weapons. As above tho ppl usualy go for one ccw and one pistol because you can only shoot one weapon per shooting phase so one gun is wasted. The model would look cool tho. ;Y

·
The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss
2,841 Posts
The exception to this IIRC is the Sisters Seraphim who can take two BPs or two hand flamers, and doing so does have an effect. However, I don't have WH Codex so I can't fully verify this for you.

Perhaps someone else who does have the codex could confirm this?

E.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
The exception to this IIRC is the Sisters Seraphim who can take two BPs or two hand flamers, and doing so does have an effect. However, I don't have WH Codex so I can't fully verify this for you.
Indeed.

Short answer: You only benefit from having two ranged weapons (in whatever combination) if the codex specifically says you can.

·
Nightlord
1,795 Posts
Yep, for seraphim two bolt pistols become twin linked, and two hand flamers become a regular flamer. Most units in the game can't fire multiple pistols, the unit entry will let you know if they can. I can see a pretty cool special character being able to use one, and it would look pretty spiffy too.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Yep, modelling 2 pistols is totally legit. In fact, I just modelled all my Ork Slugga Boyz with dual sluggas as opposed to the ol' slugga/choppa combo.

In your case, "John Woo Veteran Sergeants" are perfectly fine, as long as you follow the rules mentioned above.

·
2,076 Posts
Can you have a Vet. Sgt with two bolt pistols?
I assume you couldn't as you can't buy the same wargear twice, but one could argue he is equipped with a bolt pistol already and is only buying one bolt pistol from the armoury

I say give him one plasma and one bolter and you can choose which to use each turn.
I have a Sgt equipped as such who hasn't seen a battlefield in years..

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Can you have a Vet. Sgt with two bolt pistols?
I assume you couldn't as you can't buy the same wargear twice, but one could argue he is equipped with a bolt pistol already and is only buying one bolt pistol from the armoury

I say give him one plasma and one bolter and you can choose which to use each turn.
I have a Sgt equipped as such who hasn't seen a battlefield in years..
a vet sarg can come with a boltpistol and CCW. The other CCW can be modeled as a pistol as pistols count as CCW. But yeah, you can buy him another boltpistol or a plasma pistol if you want.

And I have most of my storm guardians modeled with double laspistols.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.