Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I Just got BFSP and have painted up these Miners, was just wanting to know what you guys think? I havent touched a mini since i was 14 (thats 8 years ago), I'm pretty happy with these guys, my main grumble is it took me too long (about 8 - 10 hours) and at this rate i dont know when im gonna finish all the dwarfs, let alone the gobbo's!
Any comments / critisims welcome :)

Dwarf miners - Front (edit).JPG

Dwarf miners -Back (edit).JPG

·
Registered
419 Posts
8-10 hours per model or for the entire unit?
If it is for the unit then You are all but a slow painter...
Lovely lite miners You got there.

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
A lovely earthy palette you've used there, I like the look of them very much. It looks like the metallic paint could have done to have been a bit thinner but they're very nice for the first models in such a space of time.

·
481 Posts
It looks like some really good stuff you got there man, the lighting seems cool as well, since it almost looks like there candles are lighting up the area around them.

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
Those are really nice, especially since they're the first you've painted for 8 years. When I got back into painting, my first High Elf Spearmen weren't nearly as nice as these. I should touch them up sometime, but I've got so much to paint!

I like the colour scheme, it seems very appropriate to the miners, and I agree with BustaCaps - they really do look like they're lighting up the room.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys!

It took 8-10 hours to paint the unit, and yeah i agree the metal helmets coulda been a little less shiny.

I posted these in bugmans too and after some comments from over there im considering painting the borders on the bases black as there is alot of brown on the model and that would break it up, I'm also thinking of adding a couple of patches of flock to the bases, but dont know if it would suit the miners or not?

Should i modify the bases or just be happy and start on the thunderers?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.