Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Treadhead with a Chainaxe
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bit of a stranger to the fantasy battle part of Librarium online, being a 40k player through and through. However, in the comming months I'll be finishing my second 40k army; My Khornate Chaos Space Marines and after that I was looking for something different to work with after that. In the end, I decided on building a fantasy battles army for the variety of it.

Now, there's hardly any fantasy battle players in my town aside from a closed group of well... lets just say I don't get along with them very well, thus, it'll probably be pretty rare that my Dwarfs will ever leave the shelf, so this'll is more of a hobby army for the occasional game rather than a competetive list for tournament play. More or less, it's a list of what models I like, with a little touch of what I've managed to figure out after having read numerous dwarf articles and threads.

Now, my first army was 40k Imperial Guard, and now I've got more than enough models to play both mechanised and the gunline infantry army, so I'd like to avoid turning my dwarfs into yet another gunline, hence, this is the result;

Lord - 226 - Army General
- Greatweapon
- Gromril Armour, Rune of Stone, Rune of Resistance
- Talisman, Master Rune of Challenge
- Shieldbearers

Thane - 105
- Rune of Striking
- Battle Standard Bearer
- Gromril Armour, Rune of Stone

Runesmith - 129
- Greatweapon
- Gromril Armour, Rune of Stone, Master Rune of Balance

Runesmith - 129
- Greatweapon
- Gromril Armour, Rune of Stone, Rune of Spellbreaking x2

Core:

24 Warriors - 241 (Joined by Runesmith)
- Shields, Veteran, Musician, Standard Bearer

19 Longbeards - 291 (Joined by Thane)
- Shields, Great Weapon, Veteran, Musician, Standard Bearer

10 Thunderers - 150
- Shields

10 Quarrelers
- Shields

Special:

18 Hammerers - 264 (Joined by Lord)
- Shields, Gate Keeper, Musician, Standard Bearer

Cannon - 125
- Rune of Forging

Grudge Thrower - 105
- Rune of Accuracy

Rare:

Organ Gun - 120

Arklite has already had his say about the army over msn, but I figured it couldn't hurt to see if anyone else had anything to say.

EDIT: As for the colourscheme, I was thinking of some kind of mix between brown, beige and green to contrast my blue/grey/white guardsmen and my red/brass Chaos Marines. Also, you'll probably be seeing more of me around on these boards in the comming months. :>

·
RAWR! KROXIGOR!!
1,935 Posts
This is the best first army I have ever seen (this may have something to do with Arklite though).

Now, there's hardly any fantasy battle players in my town aside from a closed group of well... lets just say I don't get along with them very well, thus, it'll probably be pretty rare that my Dwarfs will ever leave the shelf, so this'll is more of a hobby army for the occasional game rather than a competetive list for tournament play. More or less, it's a list of what models I like, with a little touch of what I've managed to figure out after having read numerous dwarf articles and threads.
Nevertheless I shall write the rest of my reply in a competative sense. I hope you don't mind.

Now, my first army was 40k Imperial Guard, and now I've got more than enough models to play both mechanised and the gunline infantry army, so I'd like to avoid turning my dwarfs into yet another gunline, hence, this is the result;
Don't be afraid to go on the defensive even though is not really a 'gunline' list as if you have more shooting then the enemies shooting/magic combo (which you probably will) then you will invariably be at an advantage to do so.

Lord - 226 - Army General
- Greatweapon
- Gromril Armour, Rune of Stone, Rune of Resistance
- Talisman, Master Rune of Challenge
- Shieldbearers
A runic weapon would be nice, although I understand if you think that the enemy will simply avoid him and therefore will not be hit by him often. Rune of Challenge is contradictor to this though, you should either drop Rune of Challenge or give him a nice juicy Runic weapon (Swiftness/Fury/Cleaving or Kragg/Fury/Snorri I suggest). Rune of Resistance is not really needed (if something can hurt him it probably ignores armour saves or at least o lot of them, he has toughness 5 remember!).

Thane - 105
- Rune of Striking
- Battle Standard Bearer
- Gromril Armour, Rune of Stone
I would have given him a real Runic weapon but your choice is suprisingly cheap (and therefore good).

Runesmith - 129
- Greatweapon
- Gromril Armour, Rune of Stone, Master Rune of Balance

Runesmith - 129
- Greatweapon
- Gromril Armour, Rune of Stone, Rune of Spellbreaking x2
You don't need two Runesmiths. I suggest dropping the second one and leaving the Rune of Stone of the first one to give him a Rune of Spellbreaking.

These squads don't need Veterans or Musicians in my oppinion (10 points for an extra attack?! The Musician is more cost effective but how many times would either side flee in a tied combat? And how often to dwarfs fail to rally? or even have to in the first place?)

19 Longbeards - 291 (Joined by Thane)
- Shields, Great Weapon, Veteran, Musician, Standard Bearer
Could use a Runic Standard (Rune of Battle). Apart from that and the musician: 8Y

10 Quarrelers - 120
- Shields
Some give their Quarrellers Great Weapons as well to make good flankers once combat is reached.

18 Hammerers - 264 (Joined by Lord)
- Shields, Gate Keeper, Musician, Standard Bearer
Runic Standard mabye? Definitely don't need a musician.

Cannon - 125
- Rune of Forging
You could swap this for two Bolt Thrower; both with Engineers and one with Ro Penetrating.

Grudge Thrower - 105
- Rune of Accuracy
I like to give it Ro Penetrating as well but it ends up pretty expensive that way. The way you have fielded it is the most common way.

Organ Gun - XXX
Take the Points Value out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.