Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm about to face 4,000 points of VC craziness against my 4,000 points of Dwarves (new book). Any advice or ideas as to how to win this? I've not really fought VC before and I'm worried about massive blocks of regenerating skeletons, black coaches, scary vampire generals, and a full fear causing army. Any help as to how I should go about building my list for this battle would be greatly appreciated. :yes:

Thanks,
~Lanntis

·
Registered
128 Posts
Build your infantry units to have as much combat resolution built in as possible. Large blocks of 25+ are probably a good idea for outnumbering purposes, especially at that point level. Depending on your collection, multiple units of slayers can be a lifesaver vs fear causing enemies, even in numbers of 10. Since they aren't as well armored or tough as most, artillery with alot of hit potential (flame cannon, organ gun, grudge thrower) are probably going to be more useful than a cannon might be since there is a strong chance that they will be standing back up so you will want to take out as many as possible.

Hope that helps

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
I've got the new dwarf book and have looked over it only a couple of times. But what I noticed, particularly having played a lot of VC, is that they will be damned tough to break for autofear. Anything that will make you immune to psychology or resist fear and terror is great for you. And your warmachines have an excellent chance of wreaking havoc on him before you engage in combat. Maybe even some rangers would be worthwhile to marchblock him and give your artillerly more time to do its thing.

Protect your flanks to keep him from gaining CR bonuses, and I think you'll have a da**ed good shot at it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts