Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Here comes DR. TRAN!
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been an avid Necron fan since their first official codex came out and was very pleased with the majority of the models (the Pariahs are an exception, I think they're bleh) Unfortunately there isn't much room for awesome conversions in the Necron list beyond Lords and battle damage...sooooo I built a Lord. The idea is that the necron models are so static, especially the lords:z and also, why doesn't a warscythe look like a scythe??? So I decided to remedy this problem. I took some inspiration from both the Tomb Kings of WH and from screen shots I saw of the Dawn of War expansion that included Necrons and came up with the following:

This is a set of Immortal legs that I sawed off of the model and filed away the cabling the is moulded onto the left thigh. I then cut the spine off of a regular Warrior and the whole model will be "surfing" on the scarab base from the Nighbringer.

The is his warscythe, pieced together from pieces of the Destroyer Lord arms and the blade and mount from Typhus's scythe.

This is the front shot of the torso. I wanted to use a Destroyer torso because its really big and beefy. I cut the shoulder blades off of a Warrior model and moulded them to come down around his arms so he has more armour. The cloak is from Settra from the Tomb Kings range, I chose it because it has scarabs crawling all over it which fit the theme. His head and mask is a head from a Warrior and the mask I made from thin strips of plasticard so it looks like an Egyptian burial mask.

This is the rear shot of the torso showing off the cloak. I used the spine from the Destroyer Lord. The cloak is pinned into one shoulder and then green stuff will be used to sculpt it over the shoulder blades and it will connect inside the neck area.

This is roughly what his pose will be like, excuse the blu-tac.

So comments? Crits? let me know

·
1,065 Posts
OOOO!! MY GOD! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!! *looks over at his sad excuse of a necron lord* THAT'S INCREDIBLE DUDE! although, maybe get that sycthe in the other hand, and do a really cool swinging pose? but i love it anyway!!!

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Thats really cool. I love seeing Cron conversions, wish id done more when i did my army. People always complain thay have dull models, but this is just proof or what can be done :)

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
Well that thing is very cool. I do like it and it is true that normally Necrons don't like to be converted. Very good for discovering a good way of doing it. I do like the use of parts on this model. They are all well put together and are well chosen as they do work well together.

The use of Typhus's scythe is cool. Also I think you seem to of bent it a little. I think that the way it is now shaped is very good. I also like the face mask he has. I think that is one of the most original and distinctive parts of the model. It is rare that anything Necron get's a new look. Givivng him that face mask will certainly make him look like your lord.

I think also that you have captured a very good flow of movement in this model. It is often the case that converting a models details is easy but giving them a pose which looks good or life-like is hard. I think you have given this model a very good and life-like pose. Very cool model, paint it up and show it to us again.

·
Here comes DR. TRAN!
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the positive feeback guys! He is put together and primed, so I'll hopefully start painting him this week, I'm still deciding on a colour scheme that is different from my army, but still matches. I'll post here again soon.

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
I am totally loving that scythe ;o. Rep for an awesome conversion, and also 'cause it's necrons and necrons don't get enough conversions :?.

·
Banned
56 Posts
I don't know, the idea doesn't flow well. A robot dug up after millions of years all of a sudden busting a move jumping on a board and flying around? But to each there own

·
166 Posts
Beautiful work!;Y

I wouldn't change a thing. The pose is excellent; it really gives the impression of a fast-moving and agile Necron Lord. Out of curiosity, are you going to count that Scarab Hoverboard as a Destroyer Body?

Post finished pics!

·
Scenery Shogun
917 Posts
Very nicely done!
Necron lords are, in my opinion, one of the few Necrons that can be modified. With an army where idenitical units are not only the theme, but a necessity (due to recombining) i'd say your necron lord has reached the top of the pile! Kudos to you.

·
Here comes DR. TRAN!
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just as an update to anyone interested. This guy is built and I've been painting on him, since a majority of him will be white im working real slow and giving it quite a few coats to work my way up, hopefully i should have some photos of his half-painted self by the end of week. thanks for all the positive comments!8Y

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.