Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I recently purchased this game and am wondering the rules are still in the mail but i want to know if there are any players? or if it is actually enjoyable? Also how is the quality of models? GW resin has made me skeptical on how hit and miss it is.

Thanks,
Ekalbs

·
Organised Chaos
1,233 Posts
Hi,

Just wondering what it was you actualy bought? One of the naval groups or land forces for Dystopian Wars, or one of the starter boxes for D Legions? me and my mate have just each bought a starter box for Legions, (Blazing Sun and British respecctively,) and i know there are a at least a hand full more players at our local store. Basicaly we were all big warhammer players but because the armies are now so big to get a good game, and the time it takes to paint up that many models, the poor quality of 90% of the resin models recieved, not to mentions the overall cost, we wanted to look at a cheaper game.

Ive played one or two intro games of DW, and after about 15min it seems easy enough to pick up. The best thing is that the main rule set is the same wether your playing on land, sea, air or skirmish, so its easy to branch out into the other areas of the game.

As for the resin models, they are very good. Theres alot of pewter in DL, but its mainly just on the gun turrets in DW, but its more of a resin/plastic, so the quality is more akin to what you get from Warmachine/Hordes, than the rubish GW push out.

Im just getting into the rules myself but it all seems good.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey,

Just saw this.

I bought the prussian and french navel box. And yeah so far the game has been great i just havent found anyone to really play with which is a drag but o well.

Alot of the models are actually looking really good as well. And the rules so far seem very balanced but that could only be because i have seen 2 factions. How has it been for you?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts