Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
necrons, by far. but space marines are also quite easy. lots of flat armour plates, and few details.

·
Registered
163 Posts
any army can be easy to paint it just depends on what you want them to like like when your doen.. but i find orks and tyranids give you the most freedom the realyl isnt any set paterns and i love ork armies that dotn have any two models that match. but overall necrons seem to only use a handfull of colours but the nightbringer adn the other model like him, would be a good challange to paint i think anyways.

or just go on ebay and start buyign pre painted ultramarines. then you never have to lift a finger... unless someone starts tossing dice :eek:

XG

·
Registered
969 Posts
I second the Necron thing, but not all necrons are simple. Of course it depends solely on the type of paint scheme you want for your necrons.

·
Cthulhu's Lovechild
1,746 Posts
Necrons closely followed by Marines.
If you take the time you can do a little more than flat silver on necrons. I went for a two tone bronze/copper scheme on mine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Um... yeah... Necrons, duh.... My friend, he (I think he stole some cars or something to pay for this :ph34r: ) bought 4 of those huge necron boxed armies.... spent about 4 hours builden em all, and about 20 mins painting em.... all he did was buy Boltgun Metal Spray and Psssssst..... Psssssst...... done, then after bout 10 mins e was done and went about fitting in them freaky little green things..... then spent bout an hour doin the bases, and waddaya know, he had a 8 zillion point army in less than a day..... :w

·
Registered
222 Posts
yea marines. games workshop themselves say that marines are good starter armies cause they are simpler to paint. necrons are easy to paint though.

that wasnt really an answer was it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just startet my first army andi chose ultramarines (because they are the most simple to paint)
The only thing that i need now is some paint , elektrostatic grass and some modeling sand. By te way how do u use inks to provide some shading , for example do u just mix some chaos black with water (please answer me im just
a beginner ) :huh:

·
Registered
969 Posts
well if you have the Space Marine Codex chances are there are some very nice tips in there on painting. But if you wish to make your own inks i would suggest a mix of 50% water, 25% paint, and 25% future floor wax.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i say black templars,

spray black then put some white on the sholder pads, i dont think many people would bother if their faced with 200 BTs.

but you can allways make em look a bit better painting hte skiss and the weapons etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I actually think space marines are the hardest to paint, you have to heave really clean lines and they are difficult to highligh and ink in many circumstances.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well, GWs rule for tourneys is that the miniatures gotta be based and painted AT LEAST 3 DIFFERENT COLORS. So, necrons would have to take more effort than we non-necron people think...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.