Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found something really cool. You can make tank traps out of sprues and a spool of wire. Just clip out 3 sections of sprue that are similar in size (about 2"), take a file and smooth them out to your hearts content (sometimes i leave them as they are with the stuff sticking off them for that rugged look), then get your wire ready. First, wire together two of the sprue sections so that they are in the shape of an "X". then wire the third one onto it so it wil stand up. it is okay if they look rough, you are in a battlefield after all. Just prime them with black and you can either leave them that way or put some grey on. or you could do the whole pain job. whatever suits your level of skill. One of my favorite things to add detail with is either Green Stuff or hot glue and a toothpick. Hope you enjoy. these worked out well for me, let me know if it worked out for you.

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
Actually dude I've wanted to make some of those tank traps and was wondering how to do it, I was thinking card, but I can't cut it straight to save my life so this is perfect :) thanks!

·
Father of the Failed
1,170 Posts
Thats a great idea EchoUCA, thank you for posting it up on the forums. I love it when people take random junk and turn it into something useful and cool.

Any chance of a pic or two, I would like to see your work.

Rich.

·
145 Posts
Hmm... you may well need a hosting site. Mine is flickr.com which you can sign up for free, also photobucket is pretty good too.

Then once you have them up, you shpould get an URL for each pic, click on the 'insert pic' button in your post and pop in the URL.

it's a bit painful but once you get into the swing of it, it's fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.