Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering putting up in the article section an article titled:
Economy 40k: The economic systems and dispositions of the races of the Warhammer 40k universe.

But I'm not sure if people would actually read it. What do you guys think? It would be a fairly detailed description of the systems the races of the Warhammer 40k universe have in their various "economies"... kind of like the title... *sigh* I need more sleep... :wacko:

And yes.. orks do have an economy... of sorts... ;)

·
Registered
357 Posts
numberofthebeastxxx said:
I'm considering putting up in the article section an article titled:
Economy 40k: The economic systems and dispositions of the races of the Warhammer 40k universe.

But I'm not sure if people would actually read it. What do you guys think? It would be a fairly detailed description of the systems the races of the Warhammer 40k universe have in their various "economies"... kind of like the title... *sigh* I need more sleep... :wacko:

And yes.. orks do have an economy... of sorts... ;)
Didn't someone already write an article like this? I think it was before all the articles were moved to the new format, but I could have sworn someone wrote this before... Warmaster something? I can't remember...

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes. Most of the info for this is his. It was his test to get into the Fluff Masters Clan. Unfortunatley it either was never put up, or no longer exsists (I searched through all the articles not finding anything and I'm getting no reply from Warmaster, his last post was months ago). I thought it might be because not many people read it. Hence why im seeing if people actually want to know this information, and since there is nothing like it in the articles section that I can find. I'm looking to put this up.

·
Registered
357 Posts
numberofthebeastxxx said:
Yes. Most of the info for this is his. It was his test to get into the Fluff Masters Clan. Unfortunatley it either was never put up, or no longer exsists (I searched through all the articles not finding anything and I'm getting no reply from Warmaster, his last post was months ago). I thought it might be because not many people read it. Hence why im seeing if people actually want to know this information, and since there is nothing like it in the articles section that I can find. I'm looking to put this up.
Sounds interesting. I'd read it at least :tongue:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'd read it unless it happened to be really technical economics jargon, which I doubt.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I remember reading the article, and I found it very interesting. It was actually put up by Warmaster Phthisis but apparently disappeared when Blackhat updated the articles section. I’ll contact him and hear if the article can be added to the site again, and then perhaps you can add any additional information you have. Seeing as it is Phthisis’ work and writings, I think it’s only fair that the article be credited to him. If you want to rewrite the article, you might want to contact him first and ask for permission to use his research and theories, that only seems fair. :hmm:

~Grephaun.

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
My suggestion is to change the title, maybe trim it down a bit. There's apocryphal and then there's...too...apocryphal. Plus, it's long.

Still, it's an excellent idea. I'd love to know what kind of economic systems are used by each of the races (if someone knew what kind of economy the Necrontyr had when they were still fleshly beings...now that would be awesome.)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Grephaun said:
I remember reading the article, and I found it very interesting. It was actually put up by Warmaster Phthisis but apparently disappeared when Blackhat updated the articles section. I’ll contact him and hear if the article can be added to the site again, and then perhaps you can add any additional information you have. Seeing as it is Phthisis’ work and writings, I think it’s only fair that the article be credited to him. If you want to rewrite the article, you might want to contact him first and ask for permission to use his research and theories, that only seems fair. :hmm:

~Grephaun.
I've been trying to get into contact with Warmaster Phthisis for a little while. I've asked him for his permission of course. I wouldn't think to put it up otherwise. If I get no response from him, I was going to put it up, crediting him, of course.

If you find the article again through Blackhat, let me know. Otherwise I go ahead and put up the new article.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Thank you. Then all is fine with me. :) I’ll be looking forward to (re-?)reading the article. :yes:

~Greph.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I would read the economics ''retard'' version because I don't know much about the subject.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I know I will read it (even though I might fall asleep:sleep: ) because it is a very interesting topic. Another cool article would be one on governments.

·
Registered
182 Posts
that actually sounds really interesting, and could give people more ideas for stuff they include in their own army's background (revolt due to financial factors... their homeplanet manufactures a particular type of good...)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seems like it would intrest a lot of people. So I'll put it up as soon as I hear from Grephaun if the old article can be located or not.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Come on, do it... I've always wondered about 40k economy, anyway- dos anyone realize that the only 40k currency ever stated in the fluff (BL novels not included) is Orky teeth?

·
God's nutcase
1,906 Posts
Black Librarian said:
dos anyone realize that the only 40k currency ever stated in the fluff (BL novels not included) is Orky teeth?
I think they work on a system of Imperial Credits or something like that, that's the way Necromunda goes, and on the more advanced worlds I wouldn't be suprised if they used the same system, if only for ease of use both in that system and for the people writing about it. Although quite what they would be credits for I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ha! It is now up. Please head over to the articles scetion and check it out! Or just Click Here.

Please let me know what you guys think! Hopefully this will help out many user with their fluff stories!

Reactions: Brother Ares
1 - 20 of 21 Posts