Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Editing Post Titles

Currently, a user can post and Item with a title and a body and then be able to edit the body later. Would it ever be possible for the user to edit the title as well?

~Seeker

·
Sadomachiatto
7,076 Posts
Sounds like a good plan.

Nothing worse then putting a lot of effort into a thread, only for feeling like a complete doofus for spelling the title incorrectly.

Plus, hopefully it'll be less for us to do too :D

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Duh...

So, a few seconds later I see this advance button in the edit page. From there you can change the title.

~Seeker

·
Sadomachiatto
7,076 Posts
So, a few seconds later I see this advance button in the edit page. From there you can change the title.

~Seeker
As a Mod, I blatantly should have known this...

Seeker, what say you we delete this thread and pretend it never happened? :p

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd like to see that change come about as well. I think it's a little odd with due respect that if we can edit the post itself, then the title can't be changed.

-AFG
We can, just hit edit like you would normally, then when the edit page comes up, hit the "Advanced" button.

~Seeker

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seeker, just to make sure it works, change the title of this thread to "Editing Post Titles" instead of "Editing Posts." I want to see if it really works.
Sure thing. I thought there was a time limit on when you could edit your post. It seems that there is not time limit.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seeker, just to make sure it works, change the title of this thread to "Editing Post Titles" instead of "Editing Posts." I want to see if it really works.
I'm mistaken. When Editing a post, one could edit as much of the post as you want. However, if you want to change the title of the post you can, you just can't change the title of the thread. At least that's what it appears to be to me.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
If it's available to regular members, it's under "Thread tools" at the top if you can do it (Mod access doesn't make it easy to see the forum like a normal account does).

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
To change a thread's title, go to the forum listing the thread is located in. Double click the empty space near the thread's hyperlink title. You should be able to change the title of your threads this way.

Give it a try and see if it works, please. Want to confirm I'm right about this - I did it on my test account, which I'm pretty sure doesn't have any privileges, but it'd be nice to make sure from you as well.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
I think im clicking in the right place Cal, but nothing happens. Its ok though, ichecked and indeed we are able to change our own thread titles. How long as that option been available? i think quite a few people may be unaware lol.

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
I think im clicking in the right place Cal, but nothing happens. Its ok though, ichecked and indeed we are able to change our own thread titles. How long as that option been available? i think quite a few people may be unaware lol.
As far as I know, it's always been available. I can't find a setting in the VBulletin options, which leads me to believe that it is a standard feature.

Double-checked the test account's settings, and he's set to regular, registered member status. So it should work just fine for everyone else too. I'll dig a bit deeper - maybe there's a hidden rule that you can't do it if someone has replied to the post?

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
I've gotten a few PMs asking me what exactly I meant by 'empty space.' I know it's hard to explain, so I've decided to just show it. Please excuse my horrible Paint skills.

You're looking to double click anywhere between the two big arrows. Actually, anywhere in that frame will do; just not on the actual thread link or user name link.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d19/Caluin/example-1.jpg

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I've gotten a few PMs asking me what exactly I meant by 'empty space.' I know it's hard to explain, so I've decided to just show it. Please excuse my horrible Paint skills.

You're looking to double click anywhere between the two big arrows. Actually, anywhere in that frame will do; just not on the actual thread link or user name link.
Sorry, but I don't know if this effects anything, but I'm using Mozilla. I don't see two big arrows near my post.

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Sorry but, I don't know if this effects anything, but I'm using Mozilla. I don't see two big arrows near my post.
Well, the arrows were put there by me, using Paint... you just want to double click in the general area that the arrows are showing you.

Edit -
I think you saw my reply and gave one of your own before I had time to edit in the link to my example picture. Took me a few minutes to upload it to Photobucket, sorry.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, the arrows were put there by me, using Paint... you just want to double click in the general area that the arrows are showing you.

Edit -
I think you saw my reply and gave one of your own before I had time to edit in the link to my example picture. Took me a few minutes to upload it to Photobucket, sorry.
He, he, definitely clears things up once you open the picture you attached.

But still I double click the empty space and I don't see anything happening.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Edit -
Sorry, I'm just too quick for answers :-D

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Looks like there's a time limit on it. Somewhere around five minutes or so. After that, you lose the ability to edit your thread titles.

So the method works, you just have to do it right after the thread is created.

Anything after that requires mod intervention, it seems.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.