Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an Arsenal fan I was shocked and saddened by the horrific injury suffered by our striker Eduardo da Silva. He had surgery today I believe and it's a compound fracture which will cause him to miss the rest of the season, the Euro 2008 championships and however long after that. It is not known yet whether it is career threatening or not.

For those of you with a strong stomach, you can watch the challenge here. Don't say I didn't warn you though.

I broke my foot a few months ago, and although it was nowhere near as bad as this one, it still stopped me doing a lot of the things I usually would, and was generally not a particularly pleasant time.

Even if you don't follow English football, I'm sure you'll echo my sentiments in wishing him all the best over what is going to be a very difficult time for him :)

·
DING
1,740 Posts
I'm with you on this one hambey. I wish him all the best in the future and hope he gets back up and about as quickly and problem free as possible.

It was an awful challenge and the first time I've ever seen the coverage refuse to show the tackle again because of the damage done. Hell there is no way I am even clicking on that link.

·
459 Posts
Yeah, that injury ranks up there with Luc Nilis' career ending injury for "ouch" factor.

Personally I don't think the challenge was that bad (no run up, 1 foot not 2, didn't jump into it) and from the looks of it he would have got the ball if Eduardo hadn't have flicked it out of the way. It's just one of those freak situations that are the opposite of a victim of a horror tackle getting off lightly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.