Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again!

I have two questions relating relating to the use of haemoculous and incubi in 1k matches.

Dracon w/P,TH,SF,CD,PG for 112
2xIncubi 50
4x Warrior 32
Raider 55
Total 249

1x Haemy w/SH and Destructor 45 Points
5x Wyches w/WW,PG for 70
1x Succubus w/GS,A,PG,WW for 47
Raider 55
Total 217

5x Warrior 40
1x SC 10
Raider w/Disintegrator 60
Total 110

2x Sniper Squads
Total 200

1x Ravager
1x Ravager w/3 Disintigrators
Total 225

List Total 1001

So my question really is, is the Haemoculous valuable? or am i better spend spreading the 45 points elsewhere (NS perhaps, HF perhaps, another incubi?, more wyches?)

And then further is incubi's role of reducing the movement of my lord problematic? Because they can't fleet, and can't use the 12 inch charge for my lord. Although if i found room for 2 SC in my retinue the lack of fleet would be balanced by the anti-infantry power (Tourny with 6 armies, with 2 Imperials, 1 ork, 1 elder, 1 nid and 1 chaos), which means 3 of the 6 armies has 5+ armor on most infantry.....But with 4 Dissi's in the list would this matter?

Another possibility i was thinking was attaching the lord to a raider w 5 warriors, and a syribiate with TH and P, as that would cost the same, but give me Fleet of Foot and allow me to un-attach my lord if he within 12 inch to charge seperate to the warriors.

The other thing i would consider is trying to find room for 5 more warriors and a SC for the third raider (seperate and have board), or possibly a shredder...(it will be fairly effective against imperials and orks, possibly elder too)

·
Scourge Lord
1,638 Posts
First thing I should mention is that I have found 5-man Raider squads to be problematic just because they die so easily. Warriors really do need to stay in squads of 8 or more, because they can at least hang around for a turn or two if they take a few shots (hopefully while in cover).

Okay, two Incubi is doable in 1K, but that size game is often better served with the Dracon attached to a Raider squad (with the 12" charge, as you've said). With so few units on the board (and so much firepower in the game), it's important to not tie up your effective tools into only one or two targets, and the quicker you can hit them (before they can shoot you to pieces), the better chance you will have of winning.

I'm not sure if you have the models to do this, but I've actually found extra Raider squads to be more effective at this size game than Ravagers. Ravs are usually shot down the first chance the opponent gets, so you don't get as much use out of it as a Raider squad.

The Haemonculus is only going to be useful for you if that squad has the opportunity to hit two units in the same location. So then the Haemy can split off and spray one target while the Wyches charge another. If they both go after the same target, you very well could end up with your unit stuck out of charge range due to removed casualties. Does this have more utility than filling out your Warriors? Probably not. But if you can still fit those and the haemy somehow, it's not a bad strategy.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly, no, only three raiders in my arsenal. I am too a bit sceptical on how useful the gunboat will be, however i can't imagine it will be a high importance target....I could see it doing some damage against imperials and orks, but less so against chaos, eldar and tyrinids... It is annilation only though so i don't have to worry about objectives. An alternative options is talos or a 4 man biker squad, or possibly warp beasts (to keep around to defend the sniper squad if something tries to out flank them)

I've played two games now =p (i'm a newb) but won both...one was 1150 against chaos the other was 1550 against imperials. The ravager and incubi is what did the most damage against chaos, and the archon and retinue and as well a dracite was what did the damage against imperials. Betwen those two they killed 4 heavy platform squads, a 30 man platoon, company command, and a flamer squad. So keeping that in mind i've tried to find a list to balance all opponents. I defiately want the wyches w/ agoniser for Wraithlords and possibly the carnifex too (although i might just fire all 9 dark lance in my list currently into that thing).

Just on an aside, can a raider with slave snares and screaming jets utilise them both in a turn?

I.e if you deep strike it counts as moving 6 inches, but slave snares you can move up to 12, so can you then move the 6 inches over a squad? (it's too many points for this match, but i'm playing a campaign against the imperials so it could be fun to do, partiiculary as it'll be secret list)

·
Scourge Lord
1,638 Posts
When you use screaming jets, it counts as having moved over 6", which is another way of saying cruising speed by the terminology in 5th edition. The Raider doesn't actually move from point A to point B on the board. It just deep strikes normally and scatters. Since that action isn't a standard movement and the Raider can't move any further on that turn, the slave snares won't work, but it was a cool idea!

Since it's all annihilation, you are running up against the worst problem with 5th edition (imo). Kill points hurt Dark Eldar terribly, since they have very little protection. Any DE army is also bringing more KP to the table than most every opponent they face. This means you will need to go for a wipeout on your games unless this tourney is going to put some terrain on the board that can hide your vehicles (not likely, methinks). Take any chance you get to keep your units out of harms way, especially if they can take some pot shots at the same time. Night shields can help with this quite a lot, so I would suggest using them on the Ravager at least.

The Haemonculus is going to be a problem in this situation because he requires you to get very close, so you'll only get to use his weapon once unless you get a lucky chance. He's also adding another KP you can't afford to give up. Fill out your squads as much as possible to maximize how hard your opponent has to work to destroy them.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, but i thought because the raider was fast and a skimmer cruising speed was 12 to 18 inches, as combat speed is to 12 inches...thats why i thought it may still be able to move 6 inches. But i haven't read up on deep striking recently, does that count as its movement phase entirely?

And we aren't using Kill points. We're using house rules which basically average VP. So my wych unit with the succubus is worth 117 i think, and there are 6 units. So if i lose 2 units, even if itisn't the succbus, the opponent gets 39 VP (117/6*amount dead).

I havent fought very many armies yet, just choas and imperial. NS won't really save me from the imperial army, as he has plenty of long range weapons (48 inch and above range), same with the elder long range weapons. I have no clue how the other armies will be like on range and if the 6 inch will be valuable. And adding 20 points on for NS is just giving them more points to gain from killing it so i'm a bit hesitant. I did at one stage have NS on the Disintigrator Ravager (but not the DL ravager).

The other option would be to take a talos or warp beasts. I'd probably deploy the warp beasts behind the sniper squad, so that it can protect them from any outflanking enemies (Valkyries, Striking scorpions, not sure on the other armies)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts