Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, my objective here is to create a 2000p armylist for a campaign me and my friends are about to start a new campaign. This is my first Eldar army so I don’t have so many figures yet, I will get a armylist ready before I buy more figures. In the campaign will it be random each turn who fights who and we will play random scenarios, so you never know what to expect until we stand face to face ready to deploy. The others will probably play Spacemarine (perhaps Space wolves), Chaos, Tyranid and Imperial Guard.

HQ: 200
Autarch w. /Swooping Hawk Wings, Power weapon & Fusion gun
Farseer w. /Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones, Fortune, Guide & Mindwar

My Idea here is to use the HQ’s different depending on scenario but probably use the Autarch with my Swooping hawks and the Farseer with some of the 3 troops...

Elite: 554
7 Howling Banshees w. /Exarch (Executioner, Warshout & Acrobatic)
5 Wraithguard w. /Warlock (Spiritseer, Singing Spear, Enhance)
7 Harlequins w. /4 Harlequin’s Kiss, Troupe master, Death Jester, Shadowseer
My Idea here is to have 2 close combat units and move the Wraithguards in concert with the Wraithlord.

Troop: 554
10 Guardians w./ Warlock (Singing Spear & Embolden), Scatter laser
7 Pathfinders (Rangers)
8 Dire Avengers w./ Exarch (2 Catapults & Blade storm)
and Transport: Wave serpent w. / Twin linked Star Canons & Spirit stones

Fast Attack: 173
6 Swooping Hawks w./ Exarch (Sunrifle, Skyleap & Intercept)
Could be really handy in several missions I believe.

Heavy Suport: 517
Wraithlord w. /Missile launcher & Bright Lance
4 Dark Reapers w. /Exarch (Tempest Launcher, Fast Shot, Crack Shot)
Fireprism w. /Shuriken Canon & Holo-fields

I wasn’t sure if I should use a Fireprism or a Falcon, but I chose the fireprism because I think it is more versatile? The Fireprism and the Wraithlord are my Mec killers together with the Wraithguard unit.

All sugestions would be most welcome, Thanxs...

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Hello all, my objective here is to create a 2000p armylist for a campaign me and my friends are about to start a new campaign. This is my first Eldar army so I don’t have so many figures yet, I will get a armylist ready before I buy more figures. In the campaign will it be random each turn who fights who and we will play random scenarios, so you never know what to expect until we stand face to face ready to deploy. The others will probably play Spacemarine (perhaps Space wolves), Chaos, Tyranid and Imperial Guard.
cool sensible plan, lets see:
HQ: 200
Autarch w. /Swooping Hawk Wings, Power weapon & Fusion gun
ok weak, not least because hawks are naff, but also he will struggle to achieve much becuase of his low Str, against your average marine he only wounds one in three hits, see?
the best use of an autarch is on a bike with shining spears, but that is pricey points wise, otherwise would ditch him
Farseer w. /Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones, Fortune, Guide & Mindwar

My Idea here is to use the HQ’s different depending on scenario but probably use the Autarch with my Swooping hawks and the Farseer with some of the 3 troops...
figure out what you are doing with the farseer and trim down what you are not using
Elite: 554
7 Howling Banshees w. /Exarch (Executioner, Warshout & Acrobatic)
needs to be a full squad also needs a transport, on foot they are just too easy to shoot, if you cant get a transport then switch them to scorpions, they can infiltrate
again need a transport, too slow, range too short
7 Harlequins w. /4 Harlequin’s Kiss, Troupe master, Death Jester, Shadowseer
My Idea here is to have 2 close combat units and move the Wraithguards in concert with the Wraithlord.
lose the death jester, he is a waste, otherwise, fine
Troop: 554
10 Guardians w./ Warlock (Singing Spear & Embolden), Scatter laser
hmm most people opt for conceal rather than embolden here, you are already rolling with the locks Ld and conceal will preven moral checks from being required
7 Pathfinders (Rangers)
would trim the squad back in number, they are pretty inefficient unless you are targeting expensive units such as termies or monsterous creatures
8 Dire Avengers w./ Exarch (2 Catapults & Blade storm)
full squad would be better
Fast Attack: 173
6 Swooping Hawks w./ Exarch (Sunrifle, Skyleap & Intercept)
Could be really handy in several missions I believe.
mostly not, expensive and easy to take down, eldar have many fast choices for taking objectives that are better
Heavy Suport: 517
Wraithlord w. /Missile launcher & Bright Lance
4 Dark Reapers w. /Exarch (Tempest Launcher, Fast Shot, Crack Shot)
Fireprism w. /Shuriken Canon & Holo-fields

I wasn’t sure if I should use a Fireprism or a Falcon, but I chose the fireprism because I think it is more versatile? The Fireprism and the Wraithlord are my Mec killers together with the Wraithguard unit.

All sugestions would be most welcome, Thanxs...
add spirit stones to the prism, probably drop crack shot from the reaper exarch

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanxs Cheredanine for your advice after some thinking and tweaking I have now revised the list.

HQ:
Autarch w. /Jetbike, Laser lance & Mandiblaster
Farseer w. /Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones, Guide & Mindwar

I was thinking on using the Autarch with the shining spears and the farseer in the Dire Avengers unit.
Elite:
10 Howling Banshees w. /Exarch (Executioner, Warshout & Acrobatic)
7 Harlequins w. /3 Harlequin’s Kiss, Troupe master & Shadowseer
2 Waveserpents (Banshees & Wraithguard) w. /Spiritstones & Twin linked Scatter lasers

Troop:
5 Pathfinders (Rangers)
10 Dire Avengers w./ Exarch (2 Catapults & Blade storm)

Fast Attack:
5 Shining spears w. /Exarch, Star lance, skilled rider & withdraw

Heavy Suport:
2 Fireprism w. /Shuriken Canon, Spirit stone & Holo-fields
Suport weapon Battery 1 D-Cannon

Any input would be most welcome, thanxs…

·
The Demagogue
485 Posts
You made some solid changes, and Cher was spot on in diagnosing the ills of your initial list. However, I would like to make an alternate list suggestion in which you remove the autarch for an avatar and replace the spear squad with a 8 man squad of warp spiders w/exarch - dual spinners withdraw which is gonna clock in around 208; giving you enough points for the avatar I think. Also, I think in any case Doom is a better power than mind war. I understand that mind war is amazing for sergeant hunting but doom not only helps your dire avengers, but your banshees as well. With its fairly long range it means the avengers can stay away with the farseer and yet you can still help the banshees ensure wounds. I guess you could keep mind war and drop guide, but that's up to you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanxs Amishfor your input, warp spiders are a cool troop, will have to think on this.

If I go for the Avatar how to best use him? Protect my rear troops with him or what tactic would be best?

I have another question, I was thinking about changing the wraithguards to Firedragons but I am not sure which to pick, both seems like great choices… any thoughts?

·
The Demagogue
485 Posts
Since you are new to Eldar, I think Fire Dragons are the more forgiving choice. If you make a mistake with them, you only lose about 100 points, no big deal. They also make their points back extremely easily, as killing 1 tank is usually more than the points you paid for them. Should you decide to opt for fire dragons, take a 6 man squad. With the points you're saving from dropping wraithguard and their wave serpent, buy a kitted out falcon: holo-field, spirit stones, a scatter or star laser, and the shuriken cannon upgrade. Your dragons fly around in your dead hard tank, whose belly is now filled with melta gun totting maniacs, so that even if your opponent shakes your tank it's still dangerous. Also taking a falcon fits nicely with your 2 fire prisms making your opponent have make more decisions on what to shoot down. Honestly, I think the biggest weakness in your list is horde control, if the points are available I would perhaps add a footslogging da squad with bladestorm and shimmershield and follow the avatar up the battlefield.

HQ:
Farseer - guide doom spirit stones runes of warding

Troops:
10x dire avenger/ exarch - dual cats bladestorm
wave serpent - tl shuriken cannon shuriken cannon spirit stones
10x dire avenger/ exarch - shimmershield bladestorm
5x pathfinders

Elites:
10x banshees exarch/ - executioner (dump the powers off these)
wave serpent tl missle launcher shuriken cannon spirit stones
7x harlies/(these can also be screened by your avatar if you need it.)
shadowseer, troupe master, 3 kisses

6x Fire Dragons

Fast Attack:
7x warp spiders/ exarch - dual spinners withdraw

Heavy Support:
fire prism - holofield spirit stones shuriken cannon
fire prism - see above
falcon - holo fields, spirit stones, scatter laser, shuriken cannon

Total: 1991
Model Count: 62

my 2 cents.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Gotta say i agree with Amish the list he did up will be very forgiving on a new player (well as much as eldar can be forgiving that is) and combines all of my fav stuff (love spiders pity there is no scorpions but such is life). I am personally a big fan of vectored engines on the banshees serpent (or any assault unit really) but that comes down to personal preferance. And Doom is IMHO by far and away the best power especially with banshees, avengers and path finders in your list.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanxs Amish 4 putting such an effort in helping me, in my eyes your 2 cents pays a lot. :)
This seems like a great army to start with, and a fun to collect & paint… I will follow your recommendations and start getting some models… Once again, thanxs all for helping getting me started…

1 - 8 of 8 Posts