·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
delete

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm a pretty big fan of gunline eldar, especially in multiplayer. Here are some suggestions.

Eldrad is a must for a gunline. Having a falcon to put him in is pretty key as well. However, I don't think your warlocks will end up doing much. Sure, they're there to melee something if you get charged, but that's part of why you have a MEQ partner.

The guardian squads you have look great. In higher point cost gunlines, I sometimes use pathfinders and sit em in a covered objective, but in 1k points you're better off with guardians.

I don't personally have war walkers, but if I did I think I'd try to either set em up in cover with scatter lasers, or outflank them with shuriken cannons. They seem a bit squishy to be spending as many points as you have sunk into them. I'm not saying you absolutely must convert them to be anti-infantry, this is just speculation from looking at them. However, if you find a good piece of cover, I could see them being really effective with Eldrad giving them guide and fortune every turn.

Just as a note, I personally have very little luck with ranged vehicle killing. I usually deal with heavier vehicles by using fire dragons in serpents or a jetbike seer council. Lighter vehicles usually will go down with mass scatter laser/shuricannon fire. I almost never have EMLs or bright lances. Our more effective (and cost-efficient) long range units have multiple shots and mid-range strength, I have more success by massing these and finding other ways to counter heavy armor.

Consider adding in some dark reapers. My gunlines usually have a squad of 5 (no exarch) and I park em in cover near the Eldrad falcon for guides, dooms and fortunes. They eat marines alive.

Hope this helped, good luck!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MainMan, thanks for the input. It kind of refreshed my thinking since I've mainly been thinking mechanized after buying my 2nd Battleforce set. I'm gonna put another list together that gives me more options and survivability if stuff goes bad.

I've spent the last few days crunching numbers and actually reading the Chaos codex to get more of a feel of what would be coming at us.

We highly anticipate the following...for the most part though we can't be 100% certain:

165pts Kharn

155pts Chaos Lord with Term armor, mark of Khorn, and a daemon weapon

240pts 9 Berzerkers and Skull Champion with power weapon

240pts 9 Berzerkers and Skull Champion with power weapon

230pts 5 Terminator Champions, Mark of Khorne

220pts Land Raider (dedicated transport)

100pts CC Dreadnought

145pts Vindicator with Demonic Possession

145pts Vindicator with Demonic Possession

255pts 5 Havocs with 3 Lascannons

TOTAL: 1995pts

My teammate's list is the following:

155 Daemon Prince with wings, Mark of Slaanesh. Lash of Submission

150pts 2 Obliterators

254 8 Thousand Sons and Aspiring Champion with Doombolt

35pts Rhino (Dedicated Transport)

230pts 7 Noise Marines with 7 Sonic Blasters and Champion with Sonic Blaster and Doom Siren

35pts Rhino (Dedicated Transport)

150pts Defiler with 2 CCW

His Thousand Sons and Noise Marines are for keeping his infantry and deepstrikers at bay. Remember, we are trying to avoid CC as much as we can. His Defiler would be for doing some mass damage. Even better if I can get close enough to Doom something. His Lash Prince is pretty self-explanatory( READ: To keep him from assaulting). Obliterators are for their versatility. Might Deepstrike with those.

TOTAL: 1009pts

SEER COUNCIL

153pts Farseer with Doom, Fortune, Guide, Singin Spear, and Spirit Stones

90pts 3 Warlocks with Enhance

120pts 5 Rangers as Pathfinders

135pts Wave Serpent with Twin-linked Bright lances (Dedicated Transport)

120pts 5 Rangers as Pathfinders

135pts Wave Serpent with Twin-linked Bright lances (Dedicated Transport)

240pts 3 War Walkers with Bright Lances and Eldar Missle Launchers

TOTAL: 992 (combine total of 2001 with 3 point window)

The idea with my list is to Scout the Rangers and Serpents close enough to hit his Vindicators to stall or put an end to his ordnance firing capabilities on the 1st or 2nd turn. Figure with twin-linked BLs that gives me good odds. I would then disembark the Pathfinders (before Shooting phase) and use the Serpents for my 3+ cover save blocking his shooters line of sight from altogether. Pretty much let them pick off his infantry units.

Also with the scouting War Walker Squadron, I can get them close enough to finish the Serpent's job, if needed, or target his Land Raider. We want to take those 3 vehicles out as quickly as possible since he is mainly focused on close-combat. Just how he likes to play. I would be able to sterr clear from his assualts with my fleet and serpents capabilities.

My Seer Council would mainly be used for anti-deepstrike (we believe he might try to trick us with our knowledge of how he plays). Mainly for Dooming the Deepstrikers. Guide would be for my Pathfinders if I can get them close enough to a unit. Fortune and Warlocks (meat shields) are being used in the event of bad rolls to protect my Farseer against his Ordnance onslaught.

After all, no one really expects to get bad rolls an entire battle. So would have to see what happens. =D

Any further input? Criticisms? I realize that my units are pretty risky and point heavy, If I'm not able to damage his vehicles weapons, or destroy them then they are pretty much screwed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts