Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey this is my first time posting on the forum so im not sure if this is in the right place but last year before 5th edition of 40k came out i got this idea for an entire eldar ranger army but i did not have the money to do this because it is all metal models and now 5th edition has come out the new sniper rules have rending!

My friend also collects eldar and he said we should team up in apocalypse some time once i get my army done so i thought up this data sheet to give a better theme for my army comments and corrections welcome :)

Starstrider Strike Team 100pts + models

1-3 Farseers

1+ Squads of Pathfinders

0-3 war walker squadrons

Assets
Due to the varying nature of how Alaitoc will go to war a variety of assets can be made available to the strike team.

If the entire strike team infiltrates then they are given <need an idea for this> for free

If the entire strike team outflanks then they are given ambush for free

If the strike team sets up normally or using a combination of methods they recieve scheduled bombardment as they have not

been at the battlefield long enough to set up an ambush to suprise the enemy so the fleet gives them support if it is needed.

Rules

The farseers of the strike team may not take warlock body guards as this is only a scouting party to weaken the enemy army

before the main army arrives and containing Seer Councils in a team of relative smallness is of a high risk, to lose the

precious Warlocks, Farseers and Spiritseers needed for various Eldar troops to maximise their effectiveness and travel

through the warp. Due to the time they will spend helping the pathfinders move through the warp and from place to place with

ease they have become adept at the arts of stealth as well. For 25 pts per Farseer they are given the special rules: Masters

of stealth as detailed in the ranger section of the eldar codex.

tips?

thx

·
The Singing Blade
1,037 Posts
You should be in the rules development here, but just point it out to a mod that it need moving and I'll ignore it for now.

I don't see any inherent problem in the rules. Athough maybe adding something about coherency (The farseers can't be more than 12" apart or so) would make it follow the style of most other Apoc formations, and it gives you a limitation so your opponent(s) will have less to whine about.

In actual gameplay terms though, (note I haven't actually played any apoc) would have though sending out a "scout" party would mean your force was attacking not in its entirety. CHances are a preliminary force wouldn't make its own poibnts back very easily, and because of the loss the rest of the force would be slightly weakened.

Just my two cents :)

~ L

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ty for telling me the correct area to post my data sheet in.

and yes having the farseers moving limited or i have seen some other strike team/ force's data sheets they must deploy within 12" of each other and things to that extend so this will limit its capabilities making it more balanced

hmm i hadent thought about that i might have to give that some more consideration so maybe it could limit other forces taken in the army or something of similar effect. I shall speak to my peers at my local games workshop about that.

Chris

It shall be reposted in the rules development section

·
The Singing Blade
1,037 Posts
I'll repost my reply there and hope a couple more come in soon. Let me know how the chat with folks at you GW goes, I'm interested in seeing this finished :)

~ L

1 - 4 of 4 Posts