Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i recon its harder than the painting:struggle:(lol)..which colour scheme shall i use?
please recomend some u have used or think look cool please incloude pictures.
also is there a gallery on librerium?

·
Registered
104 Posts
What I'm about to say does not relate to anything that you've said. Well, it does in a way. Can you please, please spell properly and use words how they're suppose to be used. Please. Is there any need to shorten you words? Really? Just use words how they are meant to be used.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I use Snot Green and Bleached Bone with a Devlan Mud wash for my main colors, with details like eyes and gems in Red Gore, and certain weapons like Witchblades and powerswords in Warlock Purple with a drybrushing of skull white. For aspect warriors I stick pretty close to their shrine colors. I'll post some pictures later.

And yes, correct spelling makes things a whole lot easier for everybody.

·
It came from the warp...
458 Posts
Here's a slideshow video of my Altansar 2k army, still slightly work in progress, but should give you a good idea of what an Altansar army would look like (well painted Altansar armies are fairly rare, despite being one of the codex Craftworlds, albeit a somewhat minor one.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQP7uQTg5S4

·
Registered
846 Posts
Pick what colors you like and know how to paint well. I'm very good at painting bone (entire SM and Sisters all bone with black 2nd), but wanted something different for my Eldar.
I chose Biel Tan, but still wanted to do more Green than white. Alternatively Green and bone also look fantastic (as Der_Kaiser has done).

I do green bodies with white heads (a bit of a reversal) and reversed Exarchs.
Here's some pics of mine:

·
1,273 Posts
Michael...that is some nice green

as for op ...my signature have the link to the Eldar project with my own colour scheme...pretty close to Alaitoc but not quite.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thanks, looks nice and is easy and fast to paint (important for me!). Each tank takes only 1.5hrs, the DA's a little more just cause of all the details.
Again, I picked Biel Tan purely for the desire to paint dark green.
Previously my Eldar were a desert tan, more military looking.

·
1,273 Posts
Thanks, looks nice and is easy and fast to paint (important for me!). Each tank takes only 1.5hrs, the DA's a little more just cause of all the details.
Again, I picked Biel Tan purely for the desire to paint dark green.
Previously my Eldar were a desert tan, more military looking.
1.5 hours!!!! damn you are efficient..please share the tehnique...cause they look too nice for just 1.5 hours

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thanks.
I have a WIP thread and I detailed the method there.
http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/painting/197178-my-biel-tan-eldar-wip.html

but basically, before complete assembly, spray the bottom parts white and the top parts black. I then did wet-brush Dark Angels green over the whole model (a bit thinned down DA green). Then 2 drybrushes of thin but pure DA green along the edges and 'highlight' areas. Then mix DA green with Snot Green and do a single light dry-brush on the very edges. Then some painted on egde hightlight with thinned Snot Green. spray with Testors dull-cote to protect the green for masking.
Mask off all area's except for where I want the stripe with blue painters masking tape. Then spray white.
Black wash in the panel grooves. Pick out the details and done!

·
659 Posts
Black and Dark green seems to be popular.

Here's how mine are.

52518_md-Avenger.jpg 52519_md-Banshee.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts