Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have recently been playing a saimhann type list, but I have been getting complaints about how cheap holofields are, so I was thinking of dropping my 3 vypers, 2 falcons, and fire prism...to go with a solid jetbike army. Six squads of 4 jetbikes w/warlock (singing spear/ destructor), a Farseer on jetbike with whatever Im in the mood for, and finally 2 or 3 squads of shining spears. I have neve heard of anyone doing such a crazy themed army, but if anyone has I would like to know how it went? also just some feed back from everyone on whether they think it is a good idea or not? Im open to all suggestions so please let me know what you think.:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
i havent played eldar that long but i'm really leaning towards using jetbikes as my troops to go with my shining spears. if it's not good in game terms at least it will look cool. but why not take bigger squads of bikes instead of 6 small squads take 3 larger? maybe i'm just crazy

·
Resident Mongoose
797 Posts
He's complaining about the cheapness of holofields? Use a light vehicle list, sort of like yous, but with war walkers and vypers. The objective is to put out as much firepower as possible and saturate any possible fire lanes that would really hurt. Look in the finished tactica section, as Cheredanine has a very nice tactica written for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If People are complaining thats all the more reason to use them:D

Besides which Jetbikes have a limited effectiveness on their own, you need to supplement them, with Shining Spears and Vypers at the least. Remember your turbo Boost. Also a good space marine player can devastate a pure jetbike horde.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Here you go:
http://www.librarium-online.com/for...ratergy-tactics-eldar-light-vehicle-army.html

The things I would be wary of shining spears:
They lack the volume of attacks to rip appart large squads, they are their best when paired with an Autarch, which can bring their attacks up to 17 for a squad and adds plasma for the autarch, but they are also expensive points wise and worse still when you add the autarch, at about 360 points you want to make sure you kill something pricey, so unless I know I will face high points elite units like terminators or big HQs, I tend to leave them out.

Certainly I wouldnt go 3 squads

As to the jetbike squads, I tend to use a couple of 4 bike squads with locks with spear and embolden in there, and then get big (9) squads for the rest, you shouldnt be wasting points on holofields of vypers is the other comment

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thanks guys, I guess I'll keep running holofieds for awhile. Until 5ed comes out cause rumor has it Eldar are not going to be quite the rulers of the galaxy they are right know.8Y Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was thinking about going with a large # of jetbikes for awhile. That was until i met a Dark Angels Raven wing army with only 1 squad of termies (5). His army had like 30 units in it at 1500, SO SMALL I WAS lmao. Lets just say, that i have never seen him come close to winning a game much less come close to tying.

But on the other hand, our jetbikes can JSJ. and the # of cannons we can use in one squad is rediculous. I still like the idea though, but dont have the money to pull it off yet, let me know how it works for ya.

As for spears, i like them, but yeah, they are high priced assasins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts