Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Well, I had a bit of a search for the answer to this question, but had no luck, so here goes.

I'm thinking about investing in some Shining Spears, but just wanted to check something. In the 4E rulebook on pg 54, it says "Eldar Jetbike units are always allowed to move 6" in the Assault phase, even if they don't assault". To me this implies that the move is separate from your assault move, so functionally you may assault 12" (6" "free" move, then 6" assault move, as both may be done in assault phase in any order).

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sorry, but that is not how it works. It is either assult or move.

What you are trying to do would be written as, Eldar Jetbike units are always allowed to move 6" in the Assault phase, even if they do assault.

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
Sorry, but that is not how it works. It is either assult or move.

What you are trying to do would be written as, Eldar Jetbike units are always allowed to move 6" in the Assault phase, even if they do assault.
Yes, agreed.
Its either one or the other here and basically you get a 6" move in the assault phase no matter what you do (except when Turbo boosting.)

This is virtually a poormans shoot and run - 12 in and 6 out and if you are lucky enough you might find cover within range with the 6" out move.

Cheers.

·
Registered
121 Posts
(except when Turbo boosting.)
I am not sure about this one, if you move more then 12" you are not allowed to assult, but this move is in your assult phase and not an assult. Eldar-Jetbike rules say you always are allowed to move 6" in the assult phase.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah ok, fair enough. Makes sense, thus why I wanted to check! Just another one of those poor choice of wording things I guess!

Thanks guys.

·
Son of LO
3,930 Posts
I am not sure about this one, if you move more then 12" you are not allowed to assult, but this move is in your assult phase and not an assult. Eldar-Jetbike rules say you always are allowed to move 6" in the assult phase.
Don't think of it as a charge. Think of it as an "assault move"; what the Jetbike lets them do is take their assault-phase 6'' movement that everyone is entitled to without actually charging a unit. Since turbo-boosting denies any further assault phase movement, a 30'' movement is not possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts