Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

I was just brainstorming a kinda silly idea I had on a variant to the marines army I'm building. It would involve certain squad leaders sporting a "new and improved" power armour. Yes, I'm playing fast-and-loose with the fluff, but so what.

I was thinking that the Eldar technically wear power armour of some kind, I think, but I'm not sure. At any rate, not being an Eldar player, I know nothing of size comparisons, which leads me to my question: from a purely modeling perspective (fluff is another discussion), would it be silly to try to mix and match parts? Would an Eldar warrior carrying, say, a bolt pistol, put on with a hand swap, look realistic or cartoonish? Ditto for heads, etc. Has anyone ever tried this? I'm trying to imagine what a space marine in a more sleek, futuristic set of armour would look like, or how I might model that.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I play both space wolves and eldar, but the eldar parts are CONSIDERABLY smaller than the marine ones. Its a cool idea but from a modeling perspective i just don't think it would look right. Hope that helped.

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I'm trying to do is find a way to model power armour that isn't so... bulky. Yeah, I know, a tall order with marines, but I'm open to suggestions.

·
Registered
368 Posts
While Marine parts are surely too big to mix with Eldar (I've tried lol), Imp. Guard parts are almost perfect! So maybe you can just use Guard heads instead of Marine ones or something like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.