Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone

i was wondering if it was feasible fluff-wise to draft a necromancer into my army as a count as farseer...

by necromancer i mean the eldar psyker who is trained to bind spirits into wraithlords, wraithguards and other wraithconstructs
i think i saw eldar necromancers mentioned in official fluff somewhere but i might be wrong

if this isn't the right forum for this, sorry, where should it go? and if you could move it that be good

thanks

·
Registered
576 Posts
naw this is the right forum... and go for it! Nothing's holding you back. I have some ideas for special rules to help you but i gtg rite now.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Necromancers are Iyandens thing and is considered very taboo in eldar society. Some what of a last resort for eldar. What your describing sounds like spiritseers who can comune with the death and help guide them. But I cant see why other craftworlds or pirate fleets cant resort to it.

So I say go for it.

·
God's nutcase
1,906 Posts
As LG says, what you're looking at in the way of Eldar necromancers would be more closely represented by spiritseers than farseers, as while farseers do commune with departed Eldar spirits, I'm not sure that their power levels or manifestations of their abilites are at all similar. So the "counts-as" would be a tad unwarranted I think, although the idea of a spiritseer running a "ghost crew" of ex-Eldar pirates is a very cool concept.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
As per others, what you are describing is spirit seers, also consider:
1. when an eldar dies, his soul is (hopefully) trappedd within his spirit stones without intervention by any seer
2. the stone is then placed within the infinity circuit, the sould can then pass into the infinity circuit
3. the sould can pass into spirit stones which can then be removed and placed in constructs such as wraithlords, Wraith guard, titans and knights.

this last bit is abhorant to all eldar societies, but is a necessary evil, eldar being a dieing race their living armies can not cover all their military comitment, the practice is most pronounced in Iyanden but is by no means limited to them

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wait i thought spirit seers where supposed to guide the wraithguard and other constructs isn't there something about a powerful psyker who does the wraithbinding itself?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Bonesingers are what your thinking of and they can meld and shape wraithbone in anything. They are builders of everything from civilian homes to the mighty eldar titans. But thats all they really are is builders and maintainers, not battlefield warriors. Though they have a model for one now but no rules or fluff behind them ever being on the battlfield thou I cant see why not.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well since most eldar travel the path of war at some point in there long lives, it would make sense for him to be on the battlefield, right?

·
God's nutcase
1,906 Posts
well since most eldar travel the path of war at some point in there long lives, it would make sense for him to be on the battlefield, right?
Only in certain situations. Pretty much any path apart from the Path of the Warrior, the Path of Command and certain combinations of the Path of the Seer* will only see battle as a Guardian. It doesn't matter whether you've trodden the Path of the Warrior or not, if you're not actively on a Path that actually involves warfare, your only role on the battlefield is as a guardian.

* Those combinations are warlocks (who have first trodden the Path of the Warrior before the Path of the Seer), those spiritseers who guide the wraithgauard and Farseers.

·
Son of LO
4,529 Posts
wait i thought spirit seers where supposed to guide the wraithguard and other constructs isn't there something about a powerful psyker who does the wraithbinding itself?
Guide is the operative word.. Wraithguard and Wraithlords don't sense the real world very clearly, so in battle spiritseers help them to see what they're doing. It isn't really a 'haha.. I control the deadz!' necromancer style.

And spiritseers do do the wraithbinding themselves. Eldar souls can't exist outside of spirit stones on the infinity-matrix as Slannesh would just eat them. Drawing a soul from the infinity matrix back into a spiritstone is a difficult and traumatic psychic ritual, and that's what Spiritseers specialize in.

Iyanna Ariennal seems to be the closest thing to a spirit-farseer, though she doesn't have rules any more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts