Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently got my hands on an early edition Eldar Guardian. The seller claimed it was from the rogue trader days. I thought the armor was much cooler looking than the current Eldar armor. Also, I've been reading Star Wars Rebellion recently and the Rebel armor is cool as heck!

Being inspired by both, I made a female prototype with green stuff over the existing eldar model. Keep in mind, it is just a prototype, I'm sure I'll get better as I go, but what do you guys think?

·
Registered
13 Posts
smallest picture, ever!
Not sure what to think, I can barely make it out.

I've got a few of those guys (along with a trio of oooooooold school jet-ski looking eldar jetbikers) so know what you're talkin about in regards to how sweet they are.

·
Registered
135 Posts
LOL. Click on the image to get a bigger pic =)

Looks good, how ever the sword look to big and gaudy for him, maybe a storm guardian sword would be better ?

Nice work on the GS

·
Registered
602 Posts
following the link...
the chest looks good... but the rest... meh...

don't like the weapon choice or the pose.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the complement on the green stuff. What about the shoulder pads?

The pose is tough... eldar arms really only have one pose, holding the gun across the stomach. It's pretty boring. I plan to cut up the arms with later models. This pose was just so I can see the chest.

Good point too on the sword. I have smaller ones, but wanted to play around with my bits box a little and see what I could get away with.

Should I add a backpack?

btw, here's a link for the star wars rebellion armor
http://images.comicbookresources.com/solicits/darkhorse/200712/SWREB-11-FC-SOL.jpg

·
Registered
121 Posts
Torso is ill!

However, although I do love my Wood Elves...that head has to go...

The shoulder pad on the left (arm with gun in hand) in the pic seems to be to far away from his/her actual shoulder. Maybe moulding it to fit his/her body more would lead it to look more realistic.

I can't really see the legs, so I can't really comment.

I have to agree that the sword and gun both look kinda big for him...then again, I guess they're only supposed to look frail...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm... not sure why the gun looks big... it's a regular eldar arm. I guess the angle is just a little weird, the model is leaning forward a bit. I can play around with that.

Also, jak3, I see what you mean about the shoulder pad and I will fix that going forward. I need to do some carving to the back, but there are some ridges around the model's side. Also the stomach is supposed to be flat rather than have those abdominal pads the eldar models have now.

I'll move around the arms and change the sword tonight. I'm not sure where to get a different eldar head though. This is supposed to be a chick. I had a few dark elf beastmaster heads, but used them all up and the GW site doesn't list them anymore.

Any other ideas for female elf heads?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I belive that the reason the arm and gun looks so big is because the shuriken catapult is ment to be held by two hands. Making a model holding it with just one makes the gun look too big and clumsy.
Look at the Dire Avengers exarch, he has two shorter ones mounted on his forearms.

·
Registered
121 Posts
For female elf heads, either some sort of female sorceress/mage head or what about DElf...what are they called...brain fart...the ones with that statue of khaine...witch elves...there we go...lol that took me awhile

edit: wait...female...maybe you should model in some breast plates or something on the chest...that would definitely get the message across one would assume...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.