Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
No Rest For the Righteous
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aside from the already known rumors of the Autarch as a new HQ for Eldar (3 attacks base, an aspect warrior that has tread all aspects without being trapped), I have heard a rumor of possible Harlequins as allies.

I'm thinking if they did include Harlequins, they would be adversaries to Chaos, and selectable by Dark Eldar and maybe other armies as allies. Just speculation.

I have also heard of Warp Spiders having assualt 4 ap5 weapons, and Fire Prisms firing a similar blast to what they have now(a small blast), but being able to fire at another Fire Prism and project it through its cannon, making it a large blast at S5.:blink:

Anyone else heard rumors about what changes could happen in the Eldar codex?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Ebon Hand said:
Fire Prisms firing a similar blast to what they have now(a small blast), but being able to fire at another Fire Prism and project it through its cannon, making it a large blast at S5.:blink:
That still wouldn't be any good if they remain normal blast weapons at BS3. . .

·
No Rest For the Righteous
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Oh I forgot to mention that I heard it it would be twin linked. Again, this is just rumors.

·
Proud banner bearer of LO
945 Posts
It is very likeley the Eldar are getting updated, I have seen the new rangers.

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
I've heard rumors about a new aspect called the Star Eagles, but I know nothing about them, really. I've heard that the Wraithlord will be having its point cost raised (thank you. There really is someone with a brain in GW), and that the Avatar will become FAR more powerful (of course its points cost will go up as well). All of it is just rumors, but... That's what this thread is about, after all.:yes:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Firedrake28 said:
I've heard rumors about a new aspect called the Star Eagles, but I know nothing about them, really. I've heard that the Wraithlord will be having its point cost raised (thank you. There really is someone with a brain in GW), and that the Avatar will become FAR more powerful (of course its points cost will go up as well). All of it is just rumors, but... That's what this thread is about, after all.:yes:
Everything here is true. (I went to a GW tournie and there was a whaddayacallem, where they tell u what's comin. Dammit can't remember the name) Except although they said there was going to be a new aspect they didnt say what, so I can't confirm anything on the Star Eagles.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Hi guys, i want to start eldar but i dont know what units arent being remade, i dont want ourdated models. as far as rumors go i hear their making shining spears alot more powerful and tougher to kill:shifty: so plz reply with whqat youve heard isnt getting a new model

·
Registered
67 Posts
we dont know much, GW is keeping its lips sealed. new ranger models will be out soon, and boy are they sweet, so wait for them.

you should be safe with guardians. aspects in blisters are likely getting makeovers, as are the wraithguard and the wraithlord hopefuly. the vehicles are unlikely to change much, but be careful with weapons as what is good value now may not remain so. possibly new models for the farseer and avatar? unkown.

basicly you do want to be careful with your cash here, as a lot of stuff is hopefully getting overhauled.

rumour wise:
-from the recent trend in 4th ed codexes, psychic powers are getting buffed up. look forward to that.
-either the starcannon is going to get weakened, or the other heavy weapons will be buffed up. the most likely one ive heard is the shuriken cannon being bosted to heavy 4 and AP4, but remaining at 24" range.
-points cost dropping on jetbikes and wraithguard. bit of a no-brainer that one, but you never know, GW has come up with some pretty freaky stuff before. consider this 99% cert
-a points boost in the wraithlord. as above, a no brainer. luckily for me, any points drop in wraithguard should balance everything out.
-avatar gets pimped up. now this is really a no-brainer. even GW has to admit that the eldar god of war is not meant to be a bargain bucket, its meant to be a hand to hand monster. as above, consider 99% cert.

thats mostly logical deduction based on whats happened to other 4th ed codexes, but still. you never no what could happen. the new aspect doesnt sound likely to me, we alread have aspect choices in elites, troops, fast attack and heavy support, i doubt we need any more.

·
Registered
0 Posts
very unusual not much has leaked out GW considering Eldar.
Considering what we have seen from orks and other races, eldar's a extreme exception.
Perhaps as Games Day in US and Canada comes we shall see what happens.

·
Bork! Bork! Bork!
416 Posts
Wait...So those rangers have been confirmed to be real!? :w00t: And maybe teh "Star Eagles" are the new Swopping Hawks I mean come one the SWs fly and Star Eagles prolly fly...So I think they may be the samething but that is just my oppinion. :shifty:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Pancakes said:
Wait...So those rangers have been confirmed to be real!? :w00t: And maybe teh "Star Eagles" are the new Swopping Hawks I mean come one the SWs fly and Star Eagles prolly fly...So I think they may be the samething but that is just my oppinion. :shifty:
the models are for Cityfight II, not the new eldar codex. Every race is getting new stuff for cf2, the guard are getting vostryans, eldar are getting rangers, chaos are getting a Nurgle DP and a chaos terminator lord, and nids are getting a new biovore. I'm not sure what everybody else gets.

·
Registered
58 Posts
yes man, they have to do something with those wraithguards... i've got one unit and they have never survived an assault... and their weapons are not worthy, except for taking off huge monstrosities... they never worked for me...

i heard about dropping the wraithlords resistance to 7... we'll never know until it's too late...

i would sign in for the eldar codex release next month!

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Firedrake28 said:
THANK GOD, its about time for the Wraithlord. But it stinks their making the Avatar go up more, I wish they make it a Special Character, so we could deny them from using it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
you can no longer deny people the use of a special character. besides, the avatar is really easy to kill and cant get into melee very well.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Putting the avatar as a special character would be like making a Deamon Prince special. You can't do that. The Wraithlord points did need to go up but it had better say at toughness 8. I couldn't stand for my most powerful unit to be wounder by those stupid bolters!

·
Registered
178 Posts
hmm

there are NO new models coming out (as in new models which never existed in 3rd edition codex) 1 aspect though,is confirmed and is an exception were they will make new models,they are making a new HQ and are bringing in a similiar rule like the gods of chaos with aspects, allowing an eldar army to be dedicated to an aspect turning everyone into better warriors towards that aspect (i.e.Striking scorps aspect dedication army, everyon would be tougheer) although that is a rumour still:(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Quote Firedrake28
(thank you. There really is someone with a brain in GW),

I will disagree, i really don't think redoin the already pretty new Tau codex before say the eldar and the very old and weak codex Orks, which you hear about in all most ever story, is very smart. Thats just one of the things about GW that really grinds my gears.

But hooray for the Eldar and down with the Imperium.

·
Registered
111 Posts
CaptShrike said:
there are NO new models coming out (as in new models which never existed in 3rd edition codex) 1 aspect though,is confirmed and is an exception were they will make new models,they are making a new HQ and are bringing in a similiar rule like the gods of chaos with aspects, allowing an eldar army to be dedicated to an aspect turning everyone into better warriors towards that aspect (i.e.Striking scorps aspect dedication army, everyon would be tougheer) although that is a rumour still:(
You've forgotten the Bonesingers, which will be in the 'dex, too. - After all they are already in the rulebook.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Yeehaa

an update , eldar are defenitly getting remade, ive spoken to one of the desingners who showed me a copy ( just the cover i didnt get to reade it ) . He didnt say much but that ittle be out by christmas( danm) conclusion: remake had been confirmed : YEEhAA

1 - 20 of 29 Posts