Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that bs 3 for eldar vehicles is redicules, last nite i played a speedfreaks army ans my prism missed 4 tirns in a row. With all their tech they cant make a decient targeting computor, what do you guys think maybe a upgrade for the tank like the tau have

·
Registered
129 Posts
The Hammerhead comes with the upgrade that gives it BS4(the highest in our army). is the BS of the fire prisim 3? additionally, dont complain about Tau shooting, our crissis suits dont get any targeting computers BS3??!?! why, God, why? most of you're stuff has BS4, so stop whining. where are our star cannons???!?! :angry:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Actually all Eldar vehicles are BS 3, but with guide a 75% hit rate isn't to be sniffed at.

·
Registered
436 Posts
lol... if you do an Ulthwe strike force, War walkers are BS 4 because they are black guardians! (mmmm.... BS4 with 2 starcannons... :p :p :p :p :p :p )

·
Registered
66 Posts
What will youre strike force do if I kill half your gaurdians???
Tactical withdraw.

Translation.

RUN!!
RUN LIKE THE CRAP WEASELS THEY ARE!!!!

As for your stinking War walkers,they cost an extra 15 points and can be destroyed by shurikan catapults. :)

So do you think it is worth having these problems for 1 extra bs?Well you could use eldrad ulthran ohh.... my mistake the only good thing in the strike force was killed .The spear of khaine is decent but that is the only advantage the strike force can offer.Iwould not concider half the army in reserve an advantage and as for the wraithgate it costs 50 points!

As for tanks bs just use guide on them :w .

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ok agreed the warwalkers are as tough as a wet paper bag but who would put them in a hazardous situation anyway? they are suport platforms, not ideal for up close fighting that's the wraithlord's job. :D As suport platforms they are average, having (for all intents and purposes) a heavy 6 weapon their lack of BS is not that big a problem. My warhost's warwalkers actually survive most battles, I wish the same could be said for my Wraithlord :angry:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by qwerter4@Nov 20 2003, 10:20
The Hammerhead comes with the upgrade that gives it BS4(the highest in our army). is the BS of the fire prisim 3? additionally, dont complain about Tau shooting, our crissis suits dont get any targeting computers BS3??!?! why, God, why? most of you're stuff has BS4, so stop whining. where are our star cannons???!?! :angry:
Dude i play tau :angry: , and eldar i was SUGGESTING an option like the tau have to raie bs on tanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not if you give them holo fields and spirit stones and move over 6" each turn (glancing hits only) or you could give it ctm then hit and run B)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yeah, and they're SOOOO sexy. Better looking than ANY other vehicles in 40k (excluding forgeworld stuff...). I mean, it's worth collecting them just for the modelling opportunities.

·
Registered
348 Posts
That's why eldar are not for beginning players. Eldar are the grad level of 40k. The game wouldn't be fun if all our tanks had armor 14, BS 4, and could move 24" and fire all it's weapons. Don't wail against the army's weaknesses. Accept the weakness with the incredable strengths and mold it into your tactics.

Our tanks have aluminum siding for armor....
But they can move shoot and move again to hide behind terrain. Plus, they can take holo-fields.

Our tanks have crappy BS...
But their weapons are either multiple shot, reduce armor over 12 to 12, have a 60" RANGE for godsakes, and can be rerolled (twice with twin-linked and guide).

We don't get extra armor...
But we're fast so can make all hits glancing only. Plus, we get stones.

PLUS... they are simply the coolest looking vehicles in 40K. Compare the forgeworld vampire hunter to the imperial flyers.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Brother Z., well said, and a well structered arguement, you are more or less right on all fronts.

Not much I can add, except a referance to read what the good brother already said. And the strange thing is, nobody seems to shoot at Warwalkers, even though their some of the best armed hundred points you'll ever spend.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Agreed, I am with Zeb on this too, if you want armour 14 and BS 4 - play marines, eldar are not about ultra accurate, heavy tanks.

Personally I dont like the fir prism, using guide is just too expensive, you are paying 200 points for one shot, I would rather have a wave serpent with TL weapons

·
1,109 Posts
additionally, dont complain about Tau shooting, our crissis suits dont get any targeting computers BS3??!?! why, God, why?
More often than not teh Crissis sutes wield twin linked weaponry. Even the brodside ahs twin linked rail guns.
Eldar have BS3 to make up for all the other bad ass stuff we/they get. Crystal targeting matrix, spirit stones, holofields?
-GM

·
Registered
46 Posts
Originally posted by Brother Zebadiah@Mar 5 2004, 18:27

Our tanks have crappy BS...
But their weapons are either multiple shot, reduce armor over 12 to 12, have a 60" RANGE for godsakes, and can be rerolled (twice with twin-linked and guide).
re-rolled twice... I am pretty sure that is not legal as no matter how many special abilities you have you cannot re-roll a re-roll at least I am pretty sure, could be wrong...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Originally posted by Cheredanine@Mar 8 2004, 09:09
Agreed, I am with Zeb on this too, if you want armour 14 and BS 4 - play marines, eldar are not about ultra accurate, heavy tanks.

Personally I dont like the fir prism, using guide is just too expensive, you are paying 200 points for one shot, I would rather have a wave serpent with TL weapons
not to mention markerlights... <_<

also about eldar vehicles. actually i say they are pretty hard to kill. they have decent armor(usually somehwere around 12)which is solid. the holo field-spirit stones combo makes it really difficult to kill, as well. plus most eldar vehicles are fast so they can move 11.9999 inches and still be glancing, and still fire 1 weapon.(prism cannon) (if yur tlaking about the fire prism which i belive thats what the thread was started upon)

bs 3 is fine wiht me. Eldar arent a shooty only army. we also ahve very powerful hth units as well so it keeps it balanced

·
Registered
559 Posts
You can only ever reroll something once. You can't reroll a rerolled reroll :).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.