Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting Eldar (Ulthwe Strike force), and i was wondering if there was any Eldar pros or passer's by who could tip me up on how they paint wraithbone...

It says in the codex to paint it bleached bone but that just sounds boring. Any tips would be gret. Thx :D

·
Registered
878 Posts
I swear there was a topic EXACTLY like this, but I can't find it now. I'm getting old...
There was a guide in the CSM codex about how to paint Horns and Tusks, that's how I imagined Wraithbone.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had an idea about painting it bleached bone, except adding a small amout of shining gold, then washing it with chestnut ink to give age.

Any good? i got it from a friend. Im sure there r better ways though...

·
Registered
878 Posts
You mean mixing Shining Gold with Bleached Bone, or adding a watered-down Gold after Bone? I dunno, the gold would be dulled down a lot by the Ink, so it would look like brass. Unless, of course, that's what you want!

·
Registered
878 Posts
That method makes sense, but you would have to put a smaller and smaller coat on each time, and after 4 coats, you're almost not painting at all!

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
I paint wraithbone like this:

Basecoat of Bronzed Flesh
-Then a watered down wash of Bestial Brown (shades recesses)
-Then Bronzed flesh leaving a small outline of Bestial brown showing
-Then the main colour of Bleached Bone (and if you want to highlight with Skull White on edges)

This is how I paint the wraithbone on my Ulthwe army.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yeah, quite recently they had a white dwarf where they showed how to paint up the new Seer council for the Eldar. I think it's the issue with the Balrog on the front, I'm not for sure, but i know i own the issue.

·
Registered
114 Posts
my idea for wraithbone is this. You take bleached bone. paint on a nice, even layer of that. then take skull white and paint a watered down layer of that over the bleached bone. then take scorpion green, and paint a super thin layer of that over the wraithbone, starting thicker at the top (still very thin) and lessen it as you go down the wraithbone, this way it looks like all the powers of the warp are condensing in the wraithbone, tell me what you think of this idea please.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.