Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are they going to be rereleasing the eldar codex soon.

i have noticed that they are going to start selling the writhlord, heavy weapons and war walker in boxed sets.

does this mean that they are redesigning the eldar codex soon.

·
Registered
841 Posts
it isnt a new design, but just a new design for ONLY the weapons
the ones who deperately need a codex from their scrappy old ones are bloody space marines and dark eldar

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think the Space Marine codex is fine... they're still a very balanced army, always have been.

Dark Eldar could definitely use a rewrite, if only just to include the errata. Otherwise I think they'd be fine too.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
de just got a re release. orks need a new codex.

they are putting all the heavy weapons with the war walker model in a box set and charging 10 dollars more..now we get even more weapons we dont need...yay

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Actually DE only incorporated a little C:A thingy in the codex, they still need a makeover.
BTW as this is supposed to be about Eldar I'll politely move it to the appropriate board :) .

·
Registered
841 Posts
when i am talking about new codex for SM, i really am serious, im not complaining about the quality of units, but ffs, the images of the units in there are SO phuking old old rhino, old perdator, old LR (omg they sucked so much..), old everything.....
just for the fact that the new MODELS need to be introduced in the codex...that is why SM needs a new codex.
and on the argument, CSM never was a 'weak' army and was 'fine' like u said with SM, but why did they get a new codex?
dont take this as an offense tho...:D

·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah slickis is write just because of pictures they shouldnt redo the whole codex. what would you do when they release the next model have another codex made. each codex would be redone about 5 times a year.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
they are re-doing it because eldar is cheesy...give me abreak eldar aint cheesy...ppl just cant beat them so they blame it on the opponents army not themselves.

·
Registered
237 Posts
but u gotta admit the ork codex needs it the mot, basically coz every picture include some kind of second edition model coz only the new plastic boys were out at the time, everything else was still 2nd edt

·
Registered
100 Posts
Drozzy, the only models that have the 3rd edition models in Codex Eldar are... Well, 1 Farseer and the Phenix Lords (which looked the same in 2nd edition)

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think they should re-analyze some of the space marine chapter rules. The basic space marine codex is fine. But, some of the chapters need a re-write. Some things they could do off the top of my head...

1. Blood Angels
A. Make them more assault oriented. I mean, come on, if you aren't assaulting
you aren't playing the army correctly. They could do several things to allow them to be more inline with their ethos.
i. change the tactical squad weapon options to allow regular space marines to take CCW + BP or Bolter.
ii. give tactical squads the option to take two assault weapons instead of the heavy choice.
B. Remove Brother-Captain Tycho, since he's dead, and add another special character with a jump pack. Right now, the only characters with jump packs are Dante and Lemartes, who both kinda suck IMO.

2. Dark Angels
Redo Death Wing. Something needs to be done about this list. There's no way you can take Land Raiders, Dreadnoughts, and Terminators and actually win a battle. I love the army with all its fluff, paint scheme, and idea.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
DE dont need a rewrite..... they discontinued production i heard from a loss in eye of terror or something
DE are NOT being discontinued. They are just being moved off the shelves, and I still order mine (although I buy nothing from the GW stores except flock and small parts). And you dare to mock us??? I shall teach you true terror, fools who do not grasp your birthright. . .

back to the subject.

ARE YOU SURE the Dark Eldar will be incorporated into the new ELDAR codex???

·
Registered
816 Posts
ARE YOU SURE the Dark Eldar will be incorporated into the new ELDAR codex???
I think that's a silly rumor founded in lies and speculation. It's just stupid. Dark Eldar are too different to be incorporated as a variant list of Craftworld Eldar. And GW has probably not given them up at all. They've just given up the models, and are redoing the whole range.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Wych is exactly why I stopped buying wyches. . . I'm waiting for new modesl. As for Incubi and Raiders and everything else, I can care less, cuz I convert just about everything, and all Incubi models are trenchcoat ones, specially ordered.

I dislike the mundane, and solely go for the bizarre, the grotesque, and the controversial.

I don't need new Raiders. Mine look amazing. I don't need a new Talos. My looks like a half-demonic-tyranid killing machine.

I only need new wyches. Before, I was seriously considering buying Banshees cuz they looked so much better.

But I would be very angry if DE got incorporated into the Eldar codex. . . we are just that much better, and too good to be in there. . . :p :D :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.