Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to figure out how I should identify my elite assault troops that you get from the space marine codex Traits. I plan of following more the traditional Codex painting theme, so would I paint them as I would Veteran troops with white helmets? The trait I am speaking of is Blessed be the warriors. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Painting their helmets a different colour from your standard marines is always a good start.

You could also paint some veteran symbols on their shoulder pads.

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
You are able to show veteran status in any whay you desire, there is no set way. The Ultramarines have their troops with white helmets, the Blood Angels have Gold (or sergeants have black shoulder pads) etc. You choose what way you would like, it could be a different helmet colour; a stripe down it, shoulder pad colour, kneepad... etc.

KU

·
Registered
105 Posts
That is a very good idea

:yes:
Brother_Durrant said:
I have been trying to figure out how I should identify my elite assault troops that you get from the space marine codex Traits. I plan of following more the traditional Codex painting theme, so would I paint them as I would Veteran troops with white helmets? The trait I am speaking of is Blessed be the warriors. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
:
:that would be a very good idea/ on a side not you are going to want purity seal colloges and ceremoial banners made up for the veteran squad itself. instead of the traditional white helmets try bleachbone with with white highlites for a more tinted elemant try fleshwash ink dip on the helmet then go over it again works well for power fists and skull masks as well , me i ended up just customing a chaplin for my dark angels army in the very scheme[ aside from the black armor]. Hit up the shoulderpads with badges and rune markings are they wearing articfer armor?:yes:

·
Registered
105 Posts
well

:| well

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Well what?...

Be careful with putting too large banners or too many seals on them, they are supposed to be able to fly through the air with their stuff. Painting some of their gear (eg the helmets) in a different colour and perhaps using more ornate bits (the commander's chainsword, black templar bitz etc) is better IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts