Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been trying to decide on a type of ork army to play.

And i thought about doing a fast attack army but that doesn't seem very orky.

And a horde army has been done so much and i just cannot be bothered painting moving maintaining and setting up 120+ guys just to pile up half of them.

I thought maybe a walker army but once again not very orky i want to see some green out there.

So i thought why not an elite army? I like the idea of a few trukks or groups of Veterans say Armageddon veterans roaming around sowing fear and destruction.

The army would be cheaper easier to move around and transport and easier to paint (THANK GOD!) which i don't like doing.
The main theme would be kommandos and i would take duel war bosses so i don't have to take boys. snikrot is a must and ghazgull might even be interchangeable i am thinking of taking zagstruk and even badrukk.
That would look kick ass on the field with badrukk with the gitz, zagstrukk with the stormboys snikrot with the kommandos.
And Ghazgull with the nobs. but maybe even wazdakka with some bikes.

So what do you think of the idea? any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
I'm not a huge Orks person, but I just wanted to throw in, a "fast attack army" is definitely VERY Orky! In fact, it's probably more common these days than a horde force. Speed Freakz are a faction in the fluff and they're centered around.. moving fast! Bikes, lots of transports, buggies, all sorts of things mounted and zooming right at the enemy. Definitely Orky, just not quite the traditional horde.

Librarium | Online | Forums

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't mean they don't fit in with the fluff i know they do with the speed freaks and what not but they arent my mental picture of orks and they dont feel like true orks. But that is just my super weird point of view if you like speed freaks (sounds like junkies lol) that's fine.

So any thoughts on the idea of elite list because i have never seen one before

·
Real Xeno
881 Posts
i have been trying to decide on a type of ork army to play.

And i thought about doing a fast attack army but that doesn't seem very orky.

And a horde army has been done so much and i just cannot be bothered painting moving maintaining and setting up 120+ guys just to pile up half of them.

I thought maybe a walker army but once again not very orky i want to see some green out there.

So i thought why not an elite army? I like the idea of a few trukks or groups of Veterans say Armageddon veterans roaming around sowing fear and destruction.

The army would be cheaper easier to move around and transport and easier to paint (THANK GOD!) which i don't like doing.
The main theme would be kommandos and i would take duel war bosses so i don't have to take boys. snikrot is a must and ghazgull might even be interchangeable i am thinking of taking zagstruk and even badrukk.
That would look kick ass on the field with badrukk with the gitz, zagstrukk with the stormboys snikrot with the kommandos.
And Ghazgull with the nobs. but maybe even wazdakka with some bikes.

So what do you think of the idea? any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
WOW!

I am not a veteran ork player but I was a bit surprised as my Thundabirdz speed freaks are not ORKY??? :O

Also the Iron Kurtain is not orky? :O Two Big Meks with 9 killa kans and 2 deff dreds? That`s very orky! (And very very expensive that`s why people don`t play it!)

I don`t get it... Do You want to take only two troop nobz squad? That`s gonna be a hard to play army: a fully equipped nob squad is about 400 pts... and a not fully equipped squad gonna be killed quickly. The Manz are very good but just because they are backed up with boyz. Otherwise (without backup) they are crap: every model will shoot them!

I think - even as a not experienced ork player - BOYZ BEFORE TOYZ! Zagstrukk and Badrukk is just gonna lead Your army to suicide.

·
Real Xeno
881 Posts
I didn't mean they don't fit in with the fluff i know they do with the speed freaks and what not but they arent my mental picture of orks and they dont feel like true orks. But that is just my super weird point of view if you like speed freaks (sounds like junkies lol) that's fine.

So any thoughts on the idea of elite list because i have never seen one before
That is even better!

Go for Iron kurtain, that is very elite.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nah still not my vision of orkyness, 9 grots and 2 orks in big suits? not my style but i can see the appeal except for when the las fangs and friends come out. But that's your style so cool but killa kans are annoying to build.

·
Real Xeno
881 Posts
hmmm... fangs...

The orks will be less competitive with every new dex. The tyranids going to give a huge kick.

I am just getting curious, if the half of the orky lists was not orky (for your taste) what do You call orky? Manz? They are good, maybe You`d like to do an "orkwing"?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i don't know, just different army's seem orky to me. and even though it is near impossible with the fluff i think it would be awesome to have every hero leading a force of their....
why cant they name them like eldar aspects? but that would be cool. i guess i don't like the idea of orks relying on machines even though thats what bikers do (and thats why i probably wont take them) i like lots of orks chopping by themselves.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I doubt it would be very competitive in tournaments, but it should fair okay in friendly games. You could load up on 5 Nobz/Meganobz squads, 2 warbosses, and a few Battlewagons/Trukks to transport them around. Perhaps make one mob a biker squad to get a fast, tough, hard hitting unit. For Heavy Support you could take some Flash Gitz led by Badrukk.
I also like the Deff Wing idea - 5 mobz of mega armored nobz led by two mega armored warbosses (or Ghazghkull). Perhaps drop one mob to take Grotsnik to give them all invulnerable saves. Fill that last elite spot with some Kommandos.

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
Big stompy machinez and bikez aren't Orky? Well that's new.

Sounds like you want to make a Snakebites army, since they don't rely on fiddly bitz like wheels and metal plate, just good old fashioned choppin'.

An elite army can work, but transports will be required. Walking Nobs is suicide, they need a Battlewagon or Bikes. Trukks are too soft to run such important units in.

Throw out some ideas and we'll see what we can do.

·
I'm back!!
851 Posts
Well if you don't like transports, and you don't like da big gunz, and you don't like da grotz...or meganobz...well then horde is about all you can do...

Even with specialty troops that is still a lot of boys.

As-salaamu alaikum
-The God of all Machines

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how about this

HQ

Ghazghkull Thraka- 225

Wazdakka Gutzmek-180

Elites

14xKommandos- Boss snikrot- 225

Troops

5xMeganobz- Kombi Scorchax5,Trukk,Armour plates - 270

12xWarbikers- Nob, powerclaw- 335

Fast attack

15XStormboyz-Zagstrukk- 265

I don't like bikers that much but ive always had a thing for wazdakka and he is only 25 more expensive than badrukk and gitz look terrible on paper. you think that orks who shoot all the time would shoot as well as a nid or guardsmen.

This is not at all competetive but if i win a game with the list it will be cool

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
Wazdakka without Bikes is pointless.

You've got 1 AV10 open-topped transport and that's it. It dies turn 1 every time and your MANZ become useless.

Kommandoz are a one and done unit. Often enough they'll only be able to munch on bubble wrap then get shot up next turn. Same deal with Zaggy, if he doesn't mishap.

It's terrible.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
LOL this is true but it will be happy day when or if i win a game with it.

Although even after all this talk i am thinking of doing an only bike army, what about this?

HQ

Wazdakka Gutsmek-180

Elites

5xNob Bikers-powerclawsx5, Waaagh banner, eavy armour, bosspole cybork bodys, pain boy- 445

Troops

10xWarbikers- nob, power claw, bosspole -290

Total- 1495

The nobs are ridiculous but i cant think of a unit that could beat them in close bar maybe 10 ss/th termies

I am really trying to decide what type of army to collect and whenever i get an idea i think its awesome` and then i find a huge flaw in it and start again.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have the attention span of a goldfish and am now thinking of starting a tau force but i know i will come back to the orcs so i plan to run a balanced force. because imagine how much that would cost. and are the nobs worth the points

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.