Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What if they made an Emperor or Primarch model? They would have to have some nice stats and weapons. :lol:

Here's what I thought...

Emperor

WS:7
BS:5
S:5
T:5
W:5
I:6
A:5
Ld:10
Sv:2+/3+ inv

Weapons:
Artificer armour, purity seals, frag grenades, bionics, Terminator honors (above), psychic hood, holy relic, The Emperor's Sword, The Emperor's gun. All master crafted.

Rules:
The sword counts as a lightning claw that adds 3+ strength to the user. The gun counts as a storm bolter combo with a flamer. The Emperor gets a 3+ invenerable save just because he is the Emperor. Holy relic affects frendily space mariens within 12". His psychic power is smite with strength 5 with range 24" and storm of Destruction (rolls 2D6 for armour penetration). Never falls back. :lol:

Off Course he has a points cost to go with it. 300-400pts?
How about some stats for Primarchs. Russ, Roboute, Rogal, Vulkan etc.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
dude thats too weak to be the emporer, you can kill him with one shot if your lucky, he wears terminator armor, is dead, his smites to weak to kill horus, and he realley is too strong to put in epic, so dont try

·
Registered
301 Posts
Actually it's not too weak to be the Emperor. The Emperor isn't unbeatable and isn't a god.
Primarchs and the Emperor arn't all that god like. They are really good though.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Hmph, making stats for primarchs or the corpse-dude ain't my kind of thing. They come out too weak, too strong, nothing in between, besides GW never hinted at stats because they're not supposed to be playable in 40K.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I guess your right he'd get nailed with one shot. And BorninDarkness is right they would come out weak or unbeatable. I 'd better let the writers of the Codex's do what there paid to do (make cool stuff so I can read it).

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
hed be for epic only same as the daemon primarchs

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry but I'm not familiar with epic. All I know is that it is based in the Warhammer 40k universe. And what do you mean by a "daemon primarch"?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Originally posted by Sunflash@Jul 7 2003, 04:27
Sorry but I'm not familiar with epic. All I know is that it is based in the Warhammer 40k universe. And what do you mean by a "daemon primarch"?
In the "old" Epic system, four of the Daemon Primarch were playable. They were pretty good, but not out of anyones league. Stat/powerwise they were roughly the same as Greater Daemons in Epic.

·
Registered
770 Posts
If they can get away with including greater daemons in the game without unbalancing it, I think they could get away with including the primarchs

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Greater Daemons aren't unique, primarchs are. I really dislike special characters, and therefor I dislike the idea of playable primarchs. This wolftime and Russ' return is only in fluff I think, because I doubt GW would bring primarchs into play (it would probably disappoint many a gamer).
PS: I dislike C'Tan for the same reason, if they're gods, I must say they're awfully weak.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I donno I'm torn between it being fair and not fair. You can't make a model that's invinsible but its nice to include them in an army list. But they can't dominate the battle feild and they have to be able to kill them. <_<

P.S: I won't be responding on here for four days, going on a trip.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Actually the point of putting Primaches, the emperor, c'tan and greater daemons into the game is to me just poitless cause if you read the fluff for all the above mentioned thay are way too powerful to put on the table...

Like already mentioned, why should the C'tan even be playable?
C'tan are gods, they are so powerful that they simply can blink an eye and a planet could desintigrate...
Not to speak of greater Daemons, read just a little bit of "Eye of terror" the black library novel and they describe the greater Daemons as being able to grow to the sizes of planets, why should they then be playable on a battlefield...
If it should be right they could just grow to that size and stomp a bit on the enemy and they'd won the battle...

If they ever would fancy putting the emperor into play, he would be way over the maximum limits on characteristics that excist.

·
1,019 Posts
Well to respond to that.

The Greater Daemons being used are summoned into play, as a favor to the Lord of the army (or whomever he serves). And as such can only be of certain size. Given time to grow they'd propably be as huge as a planet, but thats not the case in most battles (any battle).

Yes the C'Tan are über powerful and can destroy planets...in their natural form. They are condensed into their metal bodies and thus lose alot of their power (like the power to eat a star, love to see that stats for that attack :lol: )

But the reason for the C'Tan and Greater Daemons to be playable and not Primarchs is propably this: C'Tan can be raised again and again in whatever worlds the Necrons hold. Greater Daemons can come back again and again (never truly destroyed, only banished. Although sometimes they are destroyed fully: Prophaniti in Eisenhorn for example).
Also there is the fluff reason, the Primarchs arent around! So no playing them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I aggree the primarchs and the emperor would be to good. I mean if lemun russ is so strong he can run around in the warp all alone and still be alive. It would be to strong in the game of 40k. And then the emperor he would be invincible if he can beat russ with a single blow can you imagine what he would do to anyone else. Then there is the fact that he is the strongest physker there ever was if he could hold back chaos then what chance does anything else have. Also the primarchs are known to have slayed sevral greater deamons easily.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Just think of it this way...
Greater Daemons are considered to be all powerful.
If you ever read "Siege at the emperors palace" you will read that Sangunius Struggles with a blood thirster...
If the Bloodthirster is all powerful, then jesus christ the primaches have got to be too!!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
For the record: sanguinius had fought for a long time (weeks or so) without any rest, so he was somewhat out of shape, and apparently this Bloodthirster was exceptionally huge and powerful.

And about Greater Daemons growing the size of a planet, you might want to read that bit in Eye of Terror a bit closer, it says they can only do this in the Warp where they are at their most powerful and where no laws of the physical world apply, when they enter the material world they lose a lot of power, and they can't grow quite as big.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Primarchs are so strong that they could easily bend a greater deamon over thier knees, they have/had? a physic protection, thats why the Chaos gods couldnt kill them as babies. So in turn they would have a very strong defense against any physic attacks and would kick the arse out of every demaon.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.