Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I am trying to assemble an Emperor's Champion like this
http://uk.games-workshop.com/spacemarines/blacktemplars-emperors-champion/images/5p.jpg

I am becoming very frustrated as my superglue isn't attacking the cape to the back of the miniature. I am not using the backpack, and instead am gluing the cape directly to the 'nub' at the back of his back, upon which his backpack normally would be attached. There is a small recess in the back of the cape that it fits, fairly neatly, into. I have gone and scrubbed the models (after applying glue and having it break) and have let it sit overnight, twice, but the bond is just inadequate. I have tried pressing them together with rubber bands, applying less and less glue, applying a bit of glue, letting it sit to harden, then gluing them together - all sorts of things. I am using GW Super Glue, and this is becoming a huge hassle.

·
kinkeh secks pl0x?!
420 Posts
I am using GW Super Glue, and this is becoming a huge hassle.
here in lies your ultimate problem my friend.

Purchase some loctite. It is a main brand of Super glue that can be brought at any hardware store. It can be brought in like a gel or just your bob-standard glue. It's used to stick ceramics etc so it bonds incredibly sticky so be careful with your fingers etc.

If your in the UK i pick it up in homebase and B&Q, im not sure about U.S

However if you are not 16 you may have a problem buying it yourself. have an adult with you =]

Just a tip for future reference! NEVER buy GW 'super' glue... or how most Veteran gamers call it GW overpriced super water!

-Tib8Y

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have a drill or anything with which to do that. If I could pin it, I'd pin it and there'd be no problem at all, haha.

I've tried now scrubbing the glue off (it didn't come off really) and have tried putting a very very small drop of superglue. Hopefully the residue of the earlier glue acts as a sort of surface with which this new glue can bond with. I'm going to let it sit for about 3 hours, and then see if its bonded sufficiently.

·
heretical thoughts?
948 Posts
I don't have a drill or anything with which to do that. If I could pin it, I'd pin it and there'd be no problem at all, haha.

I've tried now scrubbing the glue off (it didn't come off really) and have tried putting a very very small drop of superglue. Hopefully the residue of the earlier glue acts as a sort of surface with which this new glue can bond with. I'm going to let it sit for about 3 hours, and then see if its bonded sufficiently.
Problem with that is super glue tends to not stick to dried super glue very well. If it works for ya, great, but your best bet is to scrape it all off and start over, or now that the damage is done, go invest in a pin vice and pin it. They are pretty cheap at the hardware store, only like $10, and you will use it on almost every metal model you own, and all the converting you do, really its a great investment if you plan on doing lots of modeling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.