Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the CSM army list and was thinking "wow, Emperor's Children can sure kick out a lot of firepower." I play orks so the person who can kick off 60 shots a turn with 25 models scares me. Here's my idea:

Emperor’s Children 1000 test

HQ

1 Chaos Lieutenant 45
Mark of Slaanesh 10
Power Weapon 15
Kai Gun 25

Elites

6 Chosen 102
Mark of Slaanesh 30
4 Sonic Blasters 20
2 Blastmasters 40
Aspiring Champion 0

Troops

6 Chaos Space Marines 84
Mark of Slaanesh 30
5 Sonic Blasters 25
Blastmaster 10
Aspiring Champion 0

6 Chaos Space Marines 84
Mark of Slaanesh 30
5 Sonic Blasters 25
Blastmaster 10
Aspiring Champion 0

Heavy Support

6 Chaos Havocs 84
Mark of Slaanesh 30
2 Sonic Blasters 10
4 Blastmasters 80
Aspiring Champion 0

6 Chaos Havocs 84
Mark of Slaanesh 30
2 Sonic Blasters 10
4 Blastmasters 80
Aspiring Champion 0

comes out to 993 points I think. Do any of you have any opinions on this army? it might be next after orks...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thing was, I couldn't do much more to increase his ability to shoot. At that point, I wasn't going to spend the points to make him better at something that the rest of the army isn't good at. If i made him a melee monster he would still die because the rest of the army couldn't support him.

Do you think that I should drop the power weapon, get a close combat weapon instead, and change the chosen squad to another havocs squad?

·
Registered
130 Posts
in my opinion, you dont really need anything 'too powerful' in the way of melee, the basic CSM is quite decent..

although, with the chosen, i think you should drop the sonic blasters and add another model, you dont really need the blasters in this case, the default weapons will own up quite nicely

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thing is that a sonic blaster is always at least 1.5 times as effective as a bolter, for only 5 points more. in certain situations it is 3 times as good. Sonic Blasters are THE BEST GUNS IN THE GAME no joke!

I prefer to keep the squad at size 6 because this keeps the champion free. The squad is relatively efficient at this size because another squad member would require an inordinate amount of points (almost double).

Switching Chosen to more Havocs

PROS
-more sonic blasters (12 to 14)

Cons
-3 heavy support choices are not allowed in some scenarios
-lowers the volume of Sonic Blaster shots
-removes Power Weapon (dont care much about this last one)

·
Registered
231 Posts
i really dont see a problem with giving my lord a ***** load of gear. I do it all the time and can kick some serious ass anyway sonic blasters are good and i think that is a very shooty army.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The way i judge the merit of an army list is whether i would be scared to play it, and yes, this one makes me tremble!
oh, and go for the havocs, the blastmaster is just so sweet
drop the power weopon on the Lt, if you need to depend on killing something like termies in cc then somethings gone wrong anyways

·
Registered
878 Posts
Does the volume on the sonic blaster contribute to its effectiveness at all? How is this calculated?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.