Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will say it made me sad to see this go. Is anyone else slightly mourning the loss of the'Emperor's Deliverance' Rocket Battery formation? For those who don't know, it was in WD365 (June 2010), p.58. It was a very cool unit of 3 Manticores and a group of Tech-Priests with Servitors. It was especially cool because each Manticore could Alpha Strike, loosing multiple Sotrm Eagle Rockets, making a hit with the Apoc Barrage template, AND the Manticores, regardless of their launching, could be reloaded by the Tech-Priests.

I understand that, to many people, Manticores really come into their own in Apocalypse, so I am saddened to see this formation leave. Was it because of the backwards rules (IMO) regarding tank squadrons, and how they fire, or some other reason? i like Guard with cool things, and a big puncg, so I was curious. Haven't gooten to see if the Mailed Fist survived, and if it still has Pask, and if he can still issue orders to tank units, or if he;s just going to be a weak BS 4 upgrade till IG 6th ed, when I hope he catches up to Longstrike.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts