Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I'm just new to this forum because I was looking to get some feedback on my new empire list. I'm metaldan, 37yo from the Netherlands. I haven't played empire a lot (about 5-6 games). In the past I used to play Orcs&Goblins but decided Empire would fit me better.
Here's my list

Kurt Helborg
Captain of the Empire, BSB, warhorse, sword of swift slaying, luckstone
6 Reiksguard knights FC with War Banner
686 pts

20 Halberdiers, FC with shields
Battle wizard (lvl 2), Talisman of Endurance, the lore of light
300 pts

12 crossbowmen, marksman and musician
128 pts

10 archers, marksmen and musician
90 pts

3 Demigryph knights
174 pts

Helblaster volley gun
120 pts

Total: 1498 pts

This is my first attempt with the new armybook. I found that my previous list became more expensive with the new rules and would not fit within 1500 pts. Also I want to field the Demigryph Knighs because I like the number of attacks they can rain down on the enemy. I realize that Kurt Helborg with his reiksguard joined by the captain/BSB is very costly. But I really like this bunch because it packs a decent punch. My last game I was very succesfull against chaos deamons. This unit was responsible for slaying 2/3 of my opponents army (also 1500 pts) almost by his own - SIgmar was definatly with them. Also with this list my first battle will be agains chaos deamens with probarly a lot of deamonettes, a deamon prince, bloodcrushers and some fleshhounds and/or screamers.

Because our gameplay is not that fast we stick to 1500pts a battle. We will probarly go to 2400pts when we are able to finish the game within 2 hours.

Any feedback and advice is welcome.

·
Organised Chaos
1,233 Posts
Hi,

Kurt Helborg in 1500pts is taking up quite a few points, you may be better off with a different guy balance wise.

I would save some points by dropping the champions in the RGK (+1 attack not worth it at 1500pts), Crossbowmen & Archers (deffinatlry not worth it ever when you could buy another missile troop for less).

Drop the Shields on the Halberdiers and get at LEAST 10 more models in the unit. You dont get a parry with shields as you also dont get to use them in combat, so your paying 1 point per model for a save from ranged attacks, not worth it. your better off with a bigger meat shield so get more models. I was using a 40 man unit in 1000pts so i sugest you go 40 also. It means should you get and detachments you can take them up to a respectable 20 models, but not necessary.

Unless you have the archers, you might be better off making them all Crossbowmen instead of archers and maybe even cramming them all in the same unit.

Musician for Demigryphs for quick reform and tie brake combats. Have you gone lances or halberds on Demigryphs? I think Halberds will b better even if you go to a 2+ armour save in combat. (you keep shields so still get 1+ from ranged attacks).

You may be better off with 1 or 2 Warrior Priests than the Lvl 2 wizard. easier to get off spells (even if they are easier to dispel), but also good for buffing your units and you get ll your spells. Also gives your units hatred.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I agree with that advice, except for one thing. A unit of Reiksguard led by a character who by himself costs 1/4 of your points will rule the battlefield. I would suggest Karl Franz on barded warhorse instead of Kurt Helborg, though, for two reasons:

1. 18" LD10 bubble trumps 12" LD9 bubble

2. Kurt has no ward save, KF has a 4+, massive difference!

I do see that KH has better WS than KF, and laurels of victory. Even at a 48 point premium (accounted for by KF's silver seal), KF is far better. You're essentially getting the improved LD bubble in lieu of a pip of WS and the laurels (the laurels only matter if the enemy isn't steadfast, making it useless on cavalry!)

Reactions: KarlFranz

·
Registered
122 Posts
i would drop the archers in favour of more crossbowmen as well as the helblaster for a great cannon. archers are terrible and great cannons are more realibal for helblasters. plus they are good for sniping monsters

i also agree with saltrock to drop the sheilds and increase the hallbedier unit size. 20 halbediers would drop faster than flies

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, for the advice. I'm currently trying out various variations with this list on armybuilder. KF is indeed a good option for just a few more points. I hope to be able to put this list to the test very soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts