Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a massive amount of Empire models from eBay. Playing my first game with them tomorrow night. Normally play as WoC. Trying something new. Possible opponents will be: Skaven, Night Goblins, Vampire Counts or Dwarves.

Wrote this list to hopefully be competitive vs them. C&C very welcome.

Arch Lector - 299
War Alter
Heavy Armour & Shield
Sword of Righteous Steel
Dragonbane Gem
Van Horstmans Speculum

Wizard Lord - 290
Level 4 Life
Warhorse
Armor of Tarnis
Rod of Power
Casket of Sorcery

Captain - 133
BSB
full plate armour
Charmed shield
Talisman of Preservation

Warrior Priest - 96
Heavy Armour
Shield

Warrior Priest - 96
Heavy Armour
Shield

39 Halbediers - Warrior priest goes here
Full command
(Det) 15 Swordsmen

39 Halbediers - Warrior priest goes here
Full command
(Det) 15 Swordsmen

29 Greatswords - BSB goes here
Standard

9 Knights if the Inner Circle - Wizard Lord goes here
Lances
Standard & Champion
Banner of Eternal Flame

Mortar
Mortar
Great Cannon
Helblaster

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks pretty solid, though, I would consider taking Grand Theogonist Volkmar. You get all the basic advantages of the combo but with 12" radius of hatred. Also Dawn armor + Enchanted Shield gives a nice 2+ re-rollable armor save, and metoric Iron gives a 1+ armor save, they're both pretty cheap magical items.

The helblaster is fantastic but I personally prefer the helstorm for two reasons, less chances to misfire, and when it works it really tears things apart! Its especially good when going up against large amounts of infantry because the dual scatter will often still hit troops. If you still intend on taking a helblaster I would suggest you take a Master Engineer so that you can use the BS4 instead of the base BS3 (Pigeon Bombs are a personal favorite for an upgrade)

One thing that I've found to be a fantastic help in the few battles that I've fought is to at least have two 10 man units of handgunners to get the cheap hochland rifles to snipe off wizard characters or at least deny them certain areas on the battle field. Also another great unit that the empire has are pistoleers. A group of 5 can really annoy you're opponent. Having multiple shot 2 and armor piercing, they can help to dwindle heavily armored troops. lastly, Flagellants are not very popular but I've used a 15 man group to take down the Arachnarok Spider without much trouble.

Just some things I've learned as a newer empire player.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts