Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first attempt at a list for the fantasy doubles. Fraid i dont know any of the points values. I am a noob to empire so please offer your comments.

Wizard- Dispel Scroll, Lvl 2, Heavens
(someone who has entered an official GW tournie b4- Do you have to say what lore your taking on ur list?)

20 Halberdiers
Full Command

Detachment:
12 Militia

Detachment:
11 Handgunners
Marksman

5 Pistoliers
Marksman
Musician

Hellblaster

And the lizards... (Sacred Host of Quetzl)

Skink Priest
Lvl 2, Quetzl (Death)

Scar Veteran
Mark of the Jaguar (is that what its called)

3x 10 Skinks
Blowpipes

11 Skinks
Javelins

3 Kroxigor

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, after a more careful read of the army book I've made some changes, and added the points values for you.

Battle Wizard-
Lvl 2, Wizards Staff, Heavens (same question as above)

20 Halberdiers-
Full Command

Detachment: 10 Handgunners

Detachment: 10 Free Companies

5 Knightly Orders
Standard

5 Pistoliers
Marksman

Hellblaster

So thats 743pts. Any chance someone could reply this time?

·
Dethskullz Warboss
1,245 Posts
Hey cheese58, i dunno were all the empire players are these days, but i was buzy yesterday and today kicking undead butt.

Anyways ill do my best to comment on your list right...
Your second attempt was even better that the first, which i am glad you fixed :).
you wizard is fine expect the wizard staff its not that good at all, your better off take 2 dispel scrolls to be honest. Most of the current arcane items suck for empire.

I tend to try for a captain instead of a wizard the the extra combat helps my main regiment win combat more often and a example of the captain config i use is give him a great weapon and the armour of metoric iron hes cheap and quite effective but a halberd instead would work if you preffer not to strike last in combat most of the time.

Halberdiers are ok the extra strenght is nice but swordsmen are better ws4 and I4 and 4+ save in combat is great for 7pts.
Detachments are good thats what i would use.

Knights are ok i guess but best to give them a musicain to break those drawen combats and the first knight upgrade is good to abit expentive but the extra attack helps. I would upgrade them to inner cricle the bonus helps them for the extra points but if can afford then nevermind.

Pistoliers are cool to have but in my 3 years of playing empire i still dont have any yet its the price thats scaring me £25 for 5 o_o, i will one day tho buy 10 of them, I was possiably thinking that units of 5 would be better than the knights? but its up to you really.

Hellblaster is really good but tends to explode for me instead i would take the cannon or morter depending on your enemies the cannon is better for killing chariots and mortar for light/medium infantry but once again its your call.

hope that helps you abit :)
Glory to the Empire!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Pretty goods list, just a couple of points. First, to answer your question, you don't need to specify the lore you are taking in your army list. Only thing to change (IMO) is the pistoliers to handgunner is you use the Empire list on its own. If you go with the Lizardmen then keep the pistoliers as you have plenty of firepower from 41 skinks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thnx guys.
Morden- I would love to swap the wizards staff for 2 dispel scrolls, and give the knights Full Command, but this would leave me like 100pts over the limit!

The Captain instead of the wizard is an interesting thought, but when you look at the two lists combined, it's very shooty. i'm not sure we could afford to be outmagiked and find ourselves trapesing across the board! i'll think about it though. I'm starting to think your right about swordsmen instead of halberdiers, but I wish I'd thought of it before. (I've already painted 6 Halberdiers) I'll see if I have the will power to take swordsmen instead!
Thanks again for the advice you two.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Question for everyone on this forum:- is it worth throwing away 3 painted halberdiers, and starting again on swordsmen. (I'll still use the halbs command) Are swordsmen that much better than halbs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts