Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am gonna het an empire army for sure but i need help with my colours and like which province i come from and all that stuff. I am also gonna have a Kislev detachment because they are kewl. please give me some ideas

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well, what exactly are you looking for? You want cavalry, infantry, shooty, close combat-y, or magic-y? Or do you want a combination?

Is there any unit you like the look of, or think sounds like it could be cool? All the Empire units have their uses, just depends on how you play them

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
Well id like BIG blocks (30ish) Spearmen with large Detachments of gunners. Set em up like this:

[][][][][][][][] [][][][][][][] [][][][][][][][] [][][] [][][][][]
[][][][][][][] ¦¦ [][][][] <-Knights /w Hero
Gunners [][][][][][][] Gunners Cannon
Mage-> {} [][][][][][][]
Spearmen {} <- General On griffin/Warhorse

(Note - The Above may come out a load of crap - but at the time of writing it looked pretty good B) )

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
If you look in the army book in the painting section it show you the colours of each province, so take your pick. I agree with Spike Empire armies are best with large blocks of infantry(with detactment) supported by handgunners, and cannons, mortars etc. Also knights supported by pistolers is a good combo.

Empire also get a good choice of magic (all lores) so pick one that will support your style of fighting. If you choose an Elector count and mount him on a griffon I would suggest a Battle standard bearer to hold you infantry morale (Elector count goes flying off no using his Ld).

The greatswords are great Stubborn :D takes a lot to make these flee. Also if you wanted to hold up a flank a large unit of Flaggelants would fit great.

Anyway I hope that helped. :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks heaps i have made my own province a very small one
i totally forgot about the detachment rule :D so how about this have a unit of spearmen and put handgunners as two detachments around the spearmen ( i would use something else for the second detchment but i only have handgunners) and use my knights as the other core unit
ok i have gotta rethink my stratergy thanx heaps to all how replyed

·
Registered
416 Posts
I usually hold the center with a large flagellants band, even converted the zombie command group in a flagellants command group!! War altar too can make your regular infantry fight to the last man. When the enemy is tied up in combat with unbreakable infantry your knights and kislevites will be ready to charge the flanks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi all, i just gotta say im a 40k player and i am gonna start collectin Empire, any tips, suggestions, Begginers army lists?
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated but not rewarded cos im broke :S
all help a noob in destress plz :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, Basically:
Take advantage of your diversity
Use Detachments to the max
Keep your general within your main body of troops, ditto BSB

And of course:
"There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons"

·
10,982 Posts
My suggestions are as follows:

Take big units, more there are harder to make panic due to shooting/magic
If you want a mobile army don't take crossbowmen/handgunners as detactments (move or fire)
Try out each type of army before you pick one eg nearly all missile units, all knights, all infantry, no war machines etc

Anyway thats all I can give for the moment. Anything else just call I'll come running.

·
Registered
41 Posts
In my own opinion as a (quite) experienced undefeated Empire General, I like Steam Tanks (Conqueror Version) - althoug these are very expensive, lots of cannon , and knights. A Good selection of heroes can also help. (in small armies, as Captain with a good amount of weaponry and a battle wizard {Lvl 1} can be useful)

·
10,982 Posts
Aren't Steam Tanks something that you have to have permission to use first? I also like Knights, I don't do Empire but I have thought of doing nearly an all knight army, with one or two war machines and very few missile units. The main core would be knights backed up by a unit od swordsmen and halberdiers. But yes I think you should always include a wizard, even if it's just as a scroll caddy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dude, take swordsman as parent units they r roxor, WS-4 I-4 Sv-4+ and they cost the same as spearmen. Also take a parent unit of Handgunners with Detatchments of hangunners for the ungodly stand and shoot reaction, put that in the center and see who charges (this combo makes dwarf ironbreakers cry :( ). Also I think pistoliers are LEET

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
a hoy hoy

i am cool with my main force thanx again to all who gave some input

now i have the problem of which lore of magic i will take so far my army is about 1000 pts and has a Captain on horse as army general, wizard on horse, 19 spearmen ( i got the battalion box so yeah), 16 handgunners, 8 knights of my own order, inner cirlce to fill points but if i go to 1500pts i will make 'em just knights and a great cannon. the army has some upgrades to fill points. now i need a lore of magic?. keep in mind that i have still to play test my army and i want it to be fully painted for my first game so i dont know how i like to play yet. I am also thinking about making it 1500pts but i still have to add to the list so any help will be welcome, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
84 Posts
For a lore of magic I would take lore of heavens. All of the spells have unlimited range and and Uranans thunder bolt and forked lightning are good for cutting down some units w/ heavy armour or wizards. Second thing, take a warrior priest instead of a captain as your general. He gives you an extra dispell dice and isn't a bad. fighting character. The last thing, take the Handgunner unit and put it into two units of 8 so you can shoot at different things.

·
Registered
512 Posts
When I built my Empire army, I didn't care about the different provinces that the armybook suggested. I took inspiration from the film 'Gladiator' and created an amy in dark colours. The soldiers have rust on their armour and weapons, mud on their suits, some of the knights are bare-headed and so on. Thir creates a very personal army that looks as if it's been out 'in the fields' for years, fighting for the empire, but not belonging to any province.
I built my army around a solid core of infantry, backed up by two units of heavy cavalry, used to either block flanks or to control the centre of the board, depending on the opponent. To save points I don't use lord choices (no), and therefore no griffons or other expensive stuff. A human is not such a good fighter anyway. <_< In this way, both my (heavy) cavalrys are led by a captain, I have a sorcerer, and my largest unit of infantry also have a captain. Because of the points saved I can use 5 cannons! :D 2 Helblasters, 2 cannons and 1 mortar. To back them up I also bring some crossbowmen (good against light cavalry).
This tactic seems to work, because I've lost 2 games in 1,5 year (add that we can play up to 8 games a day).

To sum things up: Invent your own colour sceme, come up with a cool background and don't spend points on expensive characters. Good luck...

·
Registered
119 Posts
For an empire army I suggest fire, life, death or that sky one . These spells are a great help to the empire army when used properly since they are cheap yet affective and can be used many times.

Hope that helped with your magic choice.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My armys color scheme is based on early 1800"s prussia they are badass. also Id like to express my dislike of spearmen, I mean they suck. If you charge withem you cant fight 2 ranks, and if they charge you they take out your front line anyway so whats the point?

·
Registered
116 Posts
i dont really give life a lot of credit (but the rain lord is nice). Death isnt that good at taking out large numbers of troops, but good at character killing. same for heavens (except for commet) fire can kill troops pretty well though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.