Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just finished helping my son build the models for his 1000 pt Necron army this past weekend and we played a few games. (He won 2 of 3 against my Daemonhunters, the little piker. ;) )

However, it makes me wonder about the phase out rule for Necrons. In the final turn of our final game, he went first, made enough WBB rolls to prevent phase out, and did some slaughtering of my hapless inquisitorial storm troopers. But, on my half of the turn, my Brother-Captain -- my last model! -- chewed through enough Necrons to take him to the phase out threshold. Game now over. If he gets to keep his army on the table, he has earned a crushing victory.

My son and I looked at the rules in the codex concerning phase out, and our reading of it has it that phase out is only checked after WBB rolls at the beginning of the Necron player's turn. Hence, since he prevented phase out up to his last turn, there was nothing I could do to make him phase out. Victory: Necrons! (This is what we ruled, making one nine-year-old very happy. Poor daddy.)

Or ... did I cause a phase out after all? Victory: Daemonhunters! (NOT that I would ever change the actual outcome, in this case. He beat me more than fair and square. This is for future battles.)

Help!

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Codex clearly says that the army phases only AFTER WBB rolls have been made, so your 9 year old should remaing very happy knowing it was fair.

·
Registered
953 Posts
That is how it is played. Necrons only test for phase-out at the beginning of their turn. That's why they can typically go hog-wild on their last turn.

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent. Thanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts