Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question that my buddy and I couldn't find a specific rule for. Basically, two situations came up at the end of combat and only one unit was still alive, and we didn't know what the remaining unit got to do.

Situation 1: He charged me, I won the combat and whiped him out entirely. What does my unit get to do? Do I just sit there, do I get a pursuit move, even thought I didn't charge?

Situation 2: We had units locked in combat for a few rounds. After one final round, my unit killed off all his remaining models. What does my unit get to do? Do I get a free redress, or pursuit or anything?

These are basically the same situation, but we could only find rules if the unit charging won combat, or the other unit was actually fleeing. We could not find anything in the book for the above situations.

·
4,361 Posts
Situation 1: He charged me, I won the combat and whiped him out entirely. What does my unit get to do? Do I just sit there, do I get a pursuit move, even thought I didn't charge?
You get to sit there, celebrate, and look pretty.
Situation 2: We had units locked in combat for a few rounds. After one final round, my unit killed off all his remaining models. What does my unit get to do? Do I get a free redress, or pursuit or anything?
You get to sit there, celebrate, and look pretty.
Sorry but that is it. I am actually hoping they change the rules around this area in the next edition.

SirKently

·
LO's unofficial Jester
2,900 Posts
In the first situation your unit has held the line and managed to wipe out the enemy without moving foward, a bit like 'that scene' with the elves at the start of Lord of the Rings.

Arguably there should be scope for your unit to advance foward taking into account driving off, persuing and wiping out your enemy.

In the second situation you have only wiped out your opponent after a long hard slog so it is quite appropriate that you don't get a chance to move forward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.