Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

im considering using Mortars right now, and was wondering about the engineer's skill

The rule says he can re-roll an artillry dice, except a rangedice for a cannonball.
So... does a mortar fire a cannonball, or a mortarball? i know it may sound silly... but i dunno.

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
The rule says he can re-roll an artillry dice, except a rangedice for a cannonball.
So... does a mortar fire a cannonball, or a mortarball? i know it may sound silly... but i dunno.
Haha, you're over-complicating this. Aren't you military Digger? I guess if so, that would be something you'd worry about.

You can reroll anything except a shot from a cannon. This means that you get to reroll the distance scattered on your mortar rounds.

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the explanation guys.

Now, what are your thoughts about this:
a Great Cannon, MasterEngineer and Mortar all huddled up, so the engineer will be put to its best use.

The S2 on the mortar seems a bit underwhelming, thats the same damageoutput snotlings have and they don't usually hurt alot.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
The S2 on the mortar seems a bit underwhelming, thats the same damage output snotlings have and they don't usually hurt alot.
Aye, but Snots don't toss large blast templates. You can hit most of a 30man regiment on 20mm bases. Sure it's only str2 but against T3 infantry like Elves, Empire, Skaven etc you're doing 10wounds (with Ap?). When you chuck whithering on your opponent to lower their Toughness Mortars become nasty. They are expensive for what they do though...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts