Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering as I couldn't see anything in the rulebook to clarify this, When entering from reserve on the table edge, are you still able to move/shoot/assault as normal?

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
Yes.

Remember that the core rules for moving, shooting and assault would have to be explicitly overridden for reserves if that was not the case (e.g. the rules for deep strike).

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
Agreed, after the Reserves have qualified to enter by dice roll they start their turn phase by moving on, measured from the table edge.

Being in Reserves is just a delay mechanism and doesn’t impact the turn phases once they are allowed.

Thanks.

·
LO Zealot
1,568 Posts
Just to clarify, I know it seems obvious but you do count as moving when you come on from reserves (since you're physically moving on the board). So depending on what unit type / weapons you have, it might limit your actual ability to fire... but shooting in general is allowed.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Just to clarify, I know it seems obvious but you do count as moving when you come on from reserves (since you're physically moving on the board). So depending on what unit type / weapons you have, it might limit your actual ability to fire... but shooting in general is allowed.
So if your heavy weapon squad comes in on the last turn, they are useless?

If you follow the rules to the letter, than this would be the case, unfortunately.

But in my gaming group, we have always ruled that the unit can ENTER the battlefield
without counting as moving, taking up the minimum of space needed for that unit
on the board edge.
If you choose to not move the unit, that's ok, but still, if one can force that unit to
take a moral check and they don't make it...

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
So if your heavy weapon squad comes in on the last turn, they are useless?

If you follow the rules to the letter, than this would be the case, unfortunately.
That's the nature of the beast. Models coming on from reserves move on from the table edge - so even just placing them on the edge means they've moved a distance equal to the diameter of their base.

But like you've done, people are free to adapt the rules to suit their group. That's also the nature of the beast ;).

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
Hi,
Just as a point of interest here, where in the BGB does it actually say “measure from the table edge?”

It’s the way that I play it but where does it say to? If it’s a carry over from previous rules does anyone know where this came from?

The moving on from the table edge could just be pointing out a direction or particular edge like “moving on from the west.”

Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts