Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The descption of being entrenched states that the unit is behind a defended obsacle and that takes away charge bonuses.

If you entrench a Dwarf War Machine, does it take away impact hits from a chariot charge?

Does that mean that a chariot would then take damage for running into an obstacle like a wall?

Thanks for any replies. :drinking:

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
On page 35, it says all "special rules that rely on them charging" wouldn't work, so I'd say no impact hits.

If there was a little more info, I'd argue the chariot would take hits like moving into difficult terrain, but there's not enough to make that stretch.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
I dont think Chariots can voluntarily enter terrain though. However as they can charge the entrenched unit i dont think they would take any damage.

(Although the voluntary rule may be just stuck in my head from back in 6th ed, im not sure)

Also, a defended obstacle is not terrain. Im thinking the Bretonnain Bowmen defenses. They just remove chaging bonuses, but vanish if the unit dies. The entrnchment will be part of the unit, not permanent terrain.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. The way I see it is no impact hits because the entench rule says it is like the second round of combat.

No damage done to the chariots for lack of rule to say it should take damage.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The funny thing is that against some things it's worse to be behind an obstacle if you get charged. If the charged unit has flails, or if you get charged by Wild Riders to name a couple.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
The funny thing is that against some things it's worse to be behind an obstacle if you get charged. If the charged unit has flails, or if you get charged by Wild Riders to name a couple.
Err...

The defended obstacle rule only means the charging unit counts as being in a subsequent round of combat - not the unit being charged (pg 35, BGB).

Why are Wild Riders different?
One of their special rules only works when they're in combat and not charging.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
Well I didn't spot that... The wild riders thing still works though, correct? Just used it yesterday, hope I'm not misleading people.
In terms of the extra attack, I see no reason why not. They count as being in a subsequent round of combat, so they'll gain the +1 attack but lose the fear and the benefit of their spears etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.