Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
I used to play Epic but that is several years ago, back when the game was called Space Marine

·
Registered
23 Posts
used to to play ages ago but sold most of my stuff .still got a few bits thore
its really hard to try and find people that play it these days thore,think its cose they stopped selling the game in the shops. shame cos it was top.

·
Registered
485 Posts
What army did you play?

·
Registered
23 Posts
mostely chaos they rocked epecial the banelord that was a top modle pluse i loved the demon engines i think there was three of them?
any way they were cool ,i all so had a small blood angle force.
how about you? :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
Chaos here too.
I liked the daemon engines as well, actually there were more than three . When I started collecting there were three but around the same time the Bane Lord was released gw released three additional Khorne engines. There was also these flying daemon engines of Tzeentch. Just about the time I quit collection I think there was released some for nurgle too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
yer i think i remember now, wasent the tzeentch a large flying tower or two and there was a big bird or something that could drop boms out of the back as it was flying that was cool :twisted:

speaking of old times did you ever get to play the old horus herase game.
it was a card based game were you was re-enacting the invasion of terra by horus. that was a top game too.

·
Registered
485 Posts
You're right about the Daemon Engines. btw the last one of Tzeentch was a fighter plane.

I haven't even heard of the game, hehe. What was it like?

·
Registered
23 Posts
it was cool you could be chaos ie the invaders or the imperials ie defending .you played on a bord with the palace and the two space ports plus uver placers ,and you just scrapped over it but you had to be smart cose you had take out laser silos or they would shot down your ships and if you had controlle of the space ports you could bring down more troops. it was all random game lenth you could even have horus asultting the palace walls it was mint.

i think that they brought one out for when nids attacked one of the elder craftworlds too not too shure thore.
any way they were top one way way or anuver.

any way back to the main subject of epic did you ever use the primarcs (of chaos that is) i never got round to buying them that is.

·
Registered
485 Posts
yeah I used the Primarchs, I had all of the minis but I usually only fielded Magnus the Red and Angorn, sometimes Mortarion

·
Registered
485 Posts
Nothing wrong with him... just didn't like Slaanesh back in those days...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yeah, they got a lot of cool tanks to Epic 40k

·
Registered
377 Posts
I would play, but I can't paint 28mm scale miniatures, so I hate to think what would happen with 15mm scale. Are there Orks?

·
Lurking in the dark
549 Posts
yes there are orks! I also played with MasterBelial in the good old days, where I was commanding the Emperors Most Benign, The Ultramarines!
*hail*

Also had tank detachments from IG, and 1 imperator titan, two warlords and a reaver from Legio Metallica.

Man, we had some fun back then, didn't we? :) 20'000pts per side ;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Do they still sell epic 40k stuff? One guy said he didn't think it was in the shops anymore. That mean you can only get it mail order?

I wonder why epic 40k never caught on as big. I mean it IS a pain in the ass to paint the mniatures, but recently i have been thinking of how i could paint troops with less effort by planning things right. I mean a base coat color, a drybrushed highlight, and some gunmetal on the guns and base the thing and it might look good with certain armies.

I collected orks for a while, but its insane to think about painting real detail on those guys. I want to get into it again but play an imperial guard tank regiment so i don't need as many troops i hope.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I used to play Epic 40k. I played orks, and man was it a sight to behold. Hundreds of little buggers swarming the area and dozens of war buggies and battlewagons with their spiky little spears on the front. It was intense. Even bands of gretchin could work, cuz I'd field like 20-30 stands for the same amount of points a couple ork stands or battlewagon would cost. Granted, their blunderbusses only fired a s short spit away, but there were a lot of them. :lol:

·
Registered
857 Posts
What is there in 40k that's not in Epic? Cause it would be cool to get my hands on some of them old 15mm minis, but I need to know what's available.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.