Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am relatively new to warhammer. I've been in the hobby for less than a year. I have about 1500 pts of Wood Elves and about 2000pts of Warriors of Chaos.

I started with WE and then switched over to WOC. I may go back to wood elves but I am waiting for GW to put out a new army book for them. I am fairly happy with the new WOC book. I am currently putting the finishing touches on 6 skullcrushers. Hopefully they will bring me a few wins at the local game shop. So far I have many more loses than wins in official games but I am still new and learning fast.

In the meantime, I am practicing tactics on the dining room table. The wood elves are little more than a speed bump for the warriors of chaos. These are my two favorite armies because they are what I enjoy collecting and painting. The WE just need something stronger and tougher. Maybe when the new army book comes out they will get some Mcav. A few of the rumor mills have talked about this. Anyways, I am having a good time painting and collecting.

Fluff stuff: I imagine viking-like warriors invading an elven forest. The WE are on their home turf ... so they should have the advantage, but always seem to get beat up pretty bad. If they don't get a new army book soon they may need to get some help from a HE bolt thrower or some Empire Knights. Not really thinking about starting a new army, but it wouldn't hurt for them to have a few allies for when they need help fighting back the forces of chaos on the dining room table.

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
Haha, nice, I like your fluff. If all else fails, you could always chop up the Woodies and use them as decorations for your ever-victorious Chaos Warriors.

Welcome to LO! You picked a really good site for Warrior help. There are lots of "racial" forums around for Fantasy, but our WoC section goes toe-to-toe with any other resources out there, and is usually considered among the best. We've got our own little bit of a community going on in there, you should check it out - lot's of knowledgeable guys. We just had a bit of a blow-up over some silly GW rules, but otherwise we all get along. Occasional cage-matches on Wednesdays, blood for the blood god and all :p

The Wood Elf section is a bit slow, but their book has been out for a long time and there's not much sign of a new one. They're not a terrible army though. If you can track down Slann-O-Engineo, he knows his stuff about Wood Elves. He's met me on the table before, and although he hasn't had too much luck against the Warriors either, he can put up one hell of a fight. Also, there are some "interim" armylists floating around in there, and some ideas of rules that you can change that would just about 'fix' the Wood Elves and make them a bit more playable.

Any-who, glad to see new faces around here, especially more Warriors (sigh, why always more Warriors - why no High Elves, haha). I'll keep an eye out for you in the sections. I'd say get started by having a cruise around, maybe post up an armylist or weigh in on some debates. I'm rambling again....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice.

I have been thinking about a few house rules for WE.
1) No maximum size for units. (I suspect this will be going away eventually anyway.)
2) All glade guard can be scouts. (What is the point of a hit and run army that can't run?)
3) Dryads can be used as reinforcements on any turn and appear within 6" of a forest. (Modification of a existing special character rule.)

So, the idea is - if the enemy can make it through the gauntlet of arrows, manage not to get trapped by the forest (dryads) coming to life around them, then they get "rewarded" with - you guessed it, facing a horde of treekin. But that's what you get for marching into a magical (somewhat haunted) forest.

As for the WOC, from what I see in the forums, the way to counter a shooty army is with fliers and plenty of other fast movers.

Well I am going to start digging deeper into the WE, WOC, and fluff forums.
I think that I need to make some homemade forests with some of that rigid insulation and trees from a craft store.
No shortage of things to work on with this type of a hobby.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Weird, but because of the title, I remembered about my dining room. And I bet I'm missing something there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm going to go a little off-topic there, but the dining room is a really important part of the house since it's visible to the guests and they can form an opinion about your house based on one room. I personally believe that vintage rugs can save any room, especially the dining one, so you might think about that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts