Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, first things first, it's great to be here!

I'd really appreciate it if people could read through my list and make recommendations on things to change and things to keep :)

I have an escalation tournament coming up. Fun fun fun. Whilst creating my lists for this I have viewed these forums for tips, advice and pointers... now that my work in progress nears completion I've registered and I'm posting it here for a full critique... pull no punches!

The tournament is a one day event of 4 games, one at 500, then 1000, then 1500, and then lastly at 2000. For each list you must take the preceding list unaltered and then add to it.

Game Mechanics:

0-500
Army Selection
• You may select up to 500 points from your Codex.
• You may select choices to fill the following Force Organisation Chart:0-1 HQ; 0-2 Elite 1-2;Troops; 0-2 Fast Attack; 0-1 Heavy Support
• No model may have more than 2 wounds.
• No model may have a 2+ save.
• No vehicle may have more than 2 hull points.
• No flyer or flying monstrous creature may be included.
• No model may be armed with an ordinance weapon.
• Allies and Fortifications may not be used.

500-1000 - Standard FOC, no allies and no fortifications - MUST use previous list unaltered
1000-1500 - Standard FOC, allies allowed but still no fortifications - MUST use previous list unaltered
1500-2000 - Standard FOC, allies and fortifications allowed - MUST use previous list unaltered

*Points spill over from one to the next, so in each game you can take up to the max points allowed. - for example if your list 1 is 490 you can take 510 in your list 2.
*As far as I'm aware, characters in later lists can be added to units in previous lists.
*Not sure if you can add dedicated transports in later lists for units in previous lists - currently querying this at present...

WhiskeyCronAir

0-500
5 x Wraiths (w/ 3 Whip coils) - 205
4 x Wraiths (w/ 3 Whip coils) - 170
7 x Immortals (Tesla) - 119
= 494

500 - 1000
1 x Destroyer Lord (w/ Sempiternal weave, mindshackle scarabs)
[to join the larger squad of Wraiths] - 160
1 x Annihilation Barge (Tesla) 90
9 x Immortals (Tesla) - 153
1 x Nightscythe - 100
= 494 + 503 = 997

1000 - 1500
1 x Doomscythe - 175
1 x Nightscythe - 100
5 x Tomb Blades (Tesla) - 100
= 997 + 494 = 1491

1500 - 2000
1 x Doomscythe - 175
1 x Nightscythe - 100
6 x Deathmarks - 114
= 1491 + 508 = 1999

Thanks for taking the time to read the above... now where did I go wrong? :p

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ok little confused here. Thought you couldnt use flyers or models with more than 2 wounds? Or is that only for the 500 pt game?
If its only for 500 pts basically you cant take any of the awesome necron units but you can still take a few of the good ones. For example

At 500 pts
2x5 tombblades particle beamers 300
10 Immortals 170

470 pts.

This gives you 10 str 6 ap5 blasts a turn and a strong troops unit which you field with tesla or gauss at your preference. Wraiths are a great unit but the main problem they run into is getting stuck in combat. if they are stuck in combat with something they aren't killing something else.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah sorry, only the first 500 points follows those strict force composition limits. The other three 500 point lists can take any units so long as you keep everything within the normal FoC.

I like the idea of those Tomb blade units... that's a hideous amount of firepower at 500 points. A wheel brie spinning in creme freche. But considering the following game setups do you still think they are viable?

The tournament organisers released the basic game profiles as:
  • 0-500 will be Vanguard deployment using the Scouring mission
  • 500-1000 will be Dawn of War deployment using the Emperor's Wrath mission
  • 1000-1500 will be Dawn of War deployment using the Pure the Alien mission
  • 1500-2000 will be Hammer and Anvil deployment using Big Guns Never Tire mission
My main concern with Tomb Blades is in the first game if they die they give up a VP... plus won't be excellent objective holders if it boils down to CC...

Furthermore, they will be squishy by the time you hit 1500 points.

I know Wraiths aren't the best CC unit in the game, but at 500 points with the restrictions in place there are very few units that bring them down in either CC or by shooting them. At my last tournament a squad of 5 Wraiths soaked up 2 turns of 1000 points of eldar/ dark eldar shooting at them and managed to kill a squad of kabalite warriors. Only a tailor made unit or a footslogging blob would be likely to hamper them but then that's what Tesla's are for... In the later games the Wraiths are there to be bullet shields and force target priority... also with the Destroyer Lord one of the units becomes a fairly reliable tank popper.

Also based on game profiles I was planning on dropping the Tomb Blades and Deathmarks from lists 3 and 4 altogether, to instead take both Doomscythes in List 3... but looking at the points my list 3 could be:
1 x Doomscythe
1 x Doomscythe
5 x Tomb Blades (w/ particle beamers)
= 500 points

An excellent kill team addition for a game based squarely on blowing the opponent back into the carry case.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I am such a retard sorry i though for some reason it said you cannot take models with 2 wounds or more. haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts