Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd say hello as I've just joined these forums.

Just got back in to playing miniatures games after a hiatus of seven or eight years. First started playing when Warhammer Fantasy Battle 2nd Edition came out (yes, I am that old!) and played Warhammer 40K 1st for a few years (again, old). Now started playing Epic 40K but using the Dirtside II 1/300th scale rules. Strange but true.

So, hello!

Cheers
Malc

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Welcome to the LO!

Always good to see a new member! Hope you like it here.. We're all a little insane... So are you Imperial or Heretic?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hey welcome to the big giant, insane, weird, alcoholic but yet quite creative family that is know as LO! :D

Hope you'll like it here!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Straight up Imperial. However, the army does use a variety of non-standard models, such as old Battletech tanks and some 1/300th SF armour. Most of my GW epic miniatures are fairly old, including a lot of some tank destroyer type thing that so far we haven't been able to identify! Has performed fairly well against Eldar so far, although we haven't got round to doing psyker rules for Dirtside. I'm sure once we get sorted, my superheavies will be toast!

Cheers
Malc

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Good to see a devoted follower of the God Emperor! There are too many Heretics lurking about on this site and a disturbing number of them are mods... :rolleyes:

Still, yours truly is stemming the tide with the father of LO MasterBelial!

Hail the Emperor!

·
1,019 Posts
*From the shadows, an evil laugh*

"Yet another misguided fool joins the Imperium in its futile struggle."

*A giant in power armor appears from the shadows. He has the dark blue armor and winged skull insignia of the Night Lord Legion. He draws a slender blue glowing blade and points it at Malcolm.*

"You shall fall, like the rest of the Imperial clowns. And I and my brothers shall be there, drinking deeply of your tormented souls..."

*Figure begins laughing deeply and dissapears into the shadows, the blade dissappears after a few seconds.*
*a whisper*

"See you around...*
:ph34r:

----------------------------

Welcome to LO. And enjoy the sights, sounds, smells, cheese and all the weird wobbly things that sometimes roll through here.
:lol:

Enjoy! (thats not a request, thats an order... :D )

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the welcome. Will try not to sound like some late-twentysomething duffer who's gaming is stuck in the 1980's!

"Yet another misguided fool joins the Imperium in its futile struggle."
I don't know about that. Armoured regiments kick conspicuous amounts of ass! :rolleyes: Which is why I play epic scale: many, many tanks.

Cheers
Malc

·
Registered
857 Posts
Welcome! We're all a little crazy here. Have fun, but if you even THINK of using the words "cheese," "broken," "Necrons," and/or "Ham Sandwich" in the same sentence, I will crush you like one of those small icky bugs that you can't crunch without a really annoying noise that then stick to your shoe, and so you always have to worry that you're getting bug on someone's nice carpet when you walk in their house. Anyway, have fun! And don't follow conspicous restaurant mascot clowns into the sewer, as their jolly grins and goofy antics conceal an almost unquenchable urge to kill.

·
Registered
353 Posts
While playin necrons I enjoy eating a ham sandwhich with cheese while tossing broken records around like frisbees :D
Anyway Malcom welcome to LO!!!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Lol! Good one, TheSlayer! It's good to see another soldier pledging himself to the Emperor. Possibly, you'll be admitted to the Grey Knights, like me. Ah, everyone needs something to hope for...

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Hey what's fast reply..?

Euh, welcome to the L-O (even though you're imperial :p ). As said, just about everyone around here is completely insane and an alcoholic, which is in my opinion a good thing.

Now, do me a favour and don't ask anything that has to do with postcount! I can't stand it...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Welcome, Malcom. Good to see a few more imperials around. Chaos are getting a worrying foothold on these boards...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Malcolm, as you will soon discover, this board is in constant argument about anything and everything. A bunch of people with really early join dates and really high postcounts like Xaero, Dragonslayero, Bobahat, Bornindarkness, K-Tana, chemicalcaveman etc. lead the charge into heated debate and apocalyptic mind loss, but people like me, komissar karls kadians, Nightbringer and a motley crew of others follow closely on their heels, hoping for a bite of sweet delicious heelmeats. You have been here for a while, so you're getting the hang of stuff, but remember- everyone here is in constant argument. Everyone. About everything.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh, I know all about argument. I also hang out at RPGnet, home of the flamewar, so I'm familiar with heated debate, senseless vitriol nd arguing over nothing. But everyone has been very nice so far.

Cheers
Malc

·
Registered
593 Posts
(Giver chemicalcaveman a salute back) Ah, isn't it nice to get the respect I deserve. Hehe! I out rank you! I out rank you! Oh wait (compares post counts). Damn. Sorry Sir!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Since the topic entitled Introduction Post is closed, I guess this is the next best thing...Anyhoo

I hail from Northern California, about an hour and a half from San Francisco. I am a senior in high school and I am 17 years old. I've never had a lot of money but I have wanted to play 40K for a long time. Now that I have a good paying job, I will start to play Daemonhunters. Grey Knights r0xor my b0xors. I have other friends who play as well, and I am thrilled that I found this site, as it will allow me to hear opinions other than the usual lunch time ramblings. See ya later.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.