Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me i'm next. I like Rammstein, Feuer Frei and Sonne are my fav songs. But i really like this christian band called Skillet, they are so cool!

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
I've been a Metallica fan since I was seven so they're probably my favorite...

Other bands I love are Pink Floyd, Red Warszawa, Smashing Pumpkins, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, Marilyn Manson, The Doors, John Lennon, Silverchair, HIM, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Sort Sol, D-A-D, Rammstein, Alice In Chains, Massive Attack, Tool and Sigur Ros.

·
Registered
454 Posts
im a matellica dude, i do ahve the new st.anger cd, and i do listen to it once, if not more times a day.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Tool is by far my favorite band of all time, especially because they play the most bitchin' concert you will ever see in your life!

Also among my favorites are A Perfect circle, Spineshank, Metallica(of course), and Nirvana.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ok Gotta throw in my favs...

Metallica... The Beatles of my generation, groundbreaking music, awesome lyrics. Truly one of the greatest bands of all time...the first 4 CDs I ever bought were Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice for All, and the Black Album.

Slayer... Speed is cool, and no one does it faster in my (never humble) opinion. A perfect combination of speed, lyrics and angst, when I need to get motivated I put some Slayer in the CD player.

KoRn... one of the few Rap/Rock bands I can tolerate. KoRn ranks up there for me, because I can identify with the lyrics and they kick ass live!

GWAR... What can I say, awesome stage show, brilliant lyrics. A metal band that's pure fun...

Mudvayne... Brutal, loud and fast. Perfect. and an awesome live performance to boot...

And my personal favorite Band...

Static-X!
What can I say... A perfect hybrid of Metal, Industrial, Techno, a vastly under-rated band in my opinion. And they are 10x better live than on thier albums... How many bands are even as good live as thier recordings.

and now the band I hate the most, more than N*Suck, more than Hanson, more than Celine Dion...

The Deftones...
I always liked thier CDs but I have had the unfortunate experince of seeing them live three times. Each performance was worse than the last. These guys are the shittiest live act I have ever heard, and I went to a lot of High School rock shows. I would rather see Bary Manilow than see the Deftones again, I once got a pair of tickets to see them for free and I burnt them so no one would have to suffer... I hate them...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
i recently saw static x live along wiht staind. they were insane. lol ima get there new cd when ti comes out. shadowzone i belive it is.

looks like we all like similar music. anybody else have an extreme hatred for rap that they keep in the darkest parts of their hearts as it festers and... well does anyboyd else hate rap as much as i do? :eek:

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Here's my list of faves:
1. Cradle of Filth
2. Dimmu Borgir
(note these are very close to each other in my rankings)
3. Machine Head
4. Autumn (Dutch gothic rock band)

Those are the regulars on my stereo, the following category is something I sometimes put on, or from which I have no CD's only MP3's.
Other stuff: Children of Bodom, The Berzerker, KoRn, Marilyn Manson, slipknot, linkin park, the Haunted, Amon Amarth, Cannibal Corpse (thanx Carcaroth for telling me about those 3), Rammstein, and probably some stuff I'm forgetting.

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
1) Ian Dury and the Blockheads. (Songs: Hit me with your rythm stick; Spasticus Autisticus, I believe; Dance Little Rude Boy)

2) Mike Oldfield. (Albums: Tubular Bells,Ommadawn, Songs of Distant Earth, Guitars)

3)The Divine Comedy. (Songs: National Express; Middle Class Heroes; Eric the Gardener; Sweden.)

·
Registered
342 Posts
My favs would be: Metallica (May they be blessed a thousand times by the Golorious Omnissiah!), Disturbed (Voices hehe), Drowning Pool (Let the bodies hit the floor!), System of A Down, Slipknot (*Evil laugh*), Seether, Spineshank, Chimaira, Powerman 5000, Devildriver, Lamb of God, etc...

Bands I hate: Darkness (May they be cursed a thousand times by the Golorious Omnissiah!), any pop rubbish, etc...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Doesn't anyone listen to rap? I know some of you hate it (mostly beacuse a lot of you really don't know that much about it....), but it doesn't hurt to be diverse.

DMX, 2pac, Nas, Nelly, Philly's Most Wanted- I love all of them

Also, Linkin Park is great.

My favorite song right now is Gocce Di Memoria, by Giorgia. It's in Italian, but it's a beautiful song nonetheless.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have tons of fav's since I have music playing at almost all times.
(In no particular order)

Rush, Led Zeppelin, Toast Machine, Van Halen, Atmosphere, Gorillaz, David Bowie, AC/DC, System of a Down...the list goes on.

Oh, and to hear a great band in my area go to www.grubndubb.com They are really awesome.

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
I dont really have any favorite bands...I tend to like most music.
Trance, house, hardcore.....some classical...rock..

but there are a few bands I enjoy listening too. Red Hot Chili Peppers. Manic Street Preachers, lighthouse family.

But recently (Care of Vindy) I've been listening and liking stuff from Sonata Arctica and Nightwish....and care of BiD, Manowar

I've not really listened to alot of this stuff before, but its great stuff. Ta dudes!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Originally posted by Asmodeus@Sep 27 2003, 16:38
Doesn't anyone listen to rap? I know some of you hate it (mostly beacuse a lot of you really don't know that much about it....), but it doesn't hurt to be diverse.

DMX, 2pac, Nas, Nelly, Philly's Most Wanted- I love all of them

Also, Linkin Park is great.

My favorite song right now is Gocce Di Memoria, by Giorgia. It's in Italian, but it's a beautiful song nonetheless.
the reason i hate rap is that most of it doesnt sing about anything. i hvae listened to rap in the past and realized all they sing about is weed and hoes. thats about it

rock has so much more to offer. My absolute favorite band, metallica, sings about things as simple as life(unforgiven), or as complex as the battle between the imside and outside self(sad but true).

aside form great lyrics, the beats are just fantastic, where as rap is based up the smae beats over and over again. in a rock song you can change and have it sound great, but if a rapper did it, it just wouldnt sound rihgt imo

btw linkin park is aweful

·
Registered
317 Posts
Salamander- I'm curious to what rap exactly you listen to. Hoes are of course a popular topic, but not it's not the most popular by far. Plus, good rappers usually don't mention hoes, oddly.

As for weed, I can only think of one or two rappers that have ever mentioned it in rap songs (excuse me, that have actually spent more then two lines talking about it). Again- you people have the wrong impression about rap. Not ALL of it is stereotypical crap. There is some rap music created by people with musical talent. 2pac is popular for a reason (only 50 cent whose popular for no reason <_< ). So I ask, if you don't like it, what exactly have you been listening to?

Rap uses the same beats over and over? Hmm.. Look for some songs off an album called Rip the Jacker, by Canibus. And then realize, that that you have no basis for that statement. Then try again... Seriously, what basis do you have to say that? I'm curious as to what rap you listen to... seriously.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.