Librarium Online Forums banner

Exalted Hero of Tzeentch, BSB on Disc

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  DavidWC09 
#1 ·
I marathoned this guy over the last few days. Thank goodness for Thanksgiving break. The banner is lackluster, freehand...not my strength. I'm fairly happy with the armor. I'm not good at metals. I scrapped an Avatar of War model after botching an attempt at NMM.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Darn you for making me want to go back to painting my Chaos stuff!! Thats a really nice model you have there. I really like that old Kaleb Dark model they did. I'm trying to remember what year that model came about, was it the 2002 Games Day?

I have to say though, the thing i like the most is those little crystals at the bottom of his base, they're cool. Consider them stolen! Good work on the Face and Skulls too!

#3 ·
Thanks Lord Borak. Yeah, it's the 2002 Games Day model. I snagged one on ebay.

Consider the crystals yours, especially seeing how I stole them from someone on another forum. They're just sprue cuts that I greenstuffed and superglued to the base. Hormagaunt purple base, Amethyst Purple for streaks, and Amethyst Purple and Pure White at 1:1 for higlighting streaks and edging crystals (Reaper master paints) and then Leviathan Purple wash. I use a hobby knife to trim the ends into points. It's easy, and they do look cool.

#4 ·
Aye i'm doing a Chem planet style board at the moment and thats purple/grey so they'll fit in nicely. Cheers for the colour break down too, that'll help.

Hey! It's nice to see my brain hasn't completely failed me! I've got 2 of those fellows in the Blister and one in my bitz box so you should have asked ;)

#5 ·
As usual David, you pull off a great looking mini. He looks really good. I agree about the banner, plenty of scope for some freehand, but I understand the reason why. I'm not that good at it either. Other than that I really like it, I would have liked to seen some runes on the disk though perhaps. Its looks a bit flat and empty.

Kuffy

#8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback. This model was borne of frustration after pitching that aborted attempt at NMM. Avatars of War make great stuff, but that model was a witch to paint. I like how this one turned out, flaws and all.

EDIT: video up on doing the banner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKP7RAlMCO0

#9 ·
I think he is well done. I like the look of the banner, I think the rough look of it helps to make it look like it would be sewn and not painted if he were real. I haven't actually seen that model before, though somebody said he is a GD thingy. The victim looks like fun, does that come with the model or is it from some victim spot on ebay? Reppy for good work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.