Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to expand my Skaven army (duhh! :p), and I was wondering if I could get any opinions on what I should get next! :)

My models so far:
x2 Warlords from IOB
x2 Warlock Engineers from IOB
x100 Clanrats
x4 Rat Ogres
x1 Poisoned Wind Mortar
x1 Warpfire Thrower

I was thinking of getting the Screaming Bell kit since it comes with a Grey Seer, a Plague Priest and an interchangeable Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace (Which the plague furnace can actually be used in as little as 1000 points!) But I was wondering if I could get any other suggestions? Maybe a different kit!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bought/Painted/Based my new Doomwheel! :) Already tested it out twice, and it's already proved to be a huge asset! If anyone has any other ideas, let me know :)

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
nice going on the Doomwheel. Be carefull with what you place near it, or it might just blast some pretty expensive stuff to another dimension.

I'd say a Warp Lightning is a very powerful choice. and if you think it's OP, you could always make a plagueclaw catapult of it instead.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thinking about the Warp Lightning Cannon next! :)

I'm also wondering what else I should get.. Maybe a Grey Seer? More clanrats?

Please leave suggestions! :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Screaming Bell is my favourite model as its an amazing centre piece for the army as well as being scary enough that it throws my opp off his game plan. Although its rather costly both points and money wise it is worth it. Also you measure from the edge of the base for magic purposes giving your Grey Seer a good bit of cover as well as good line of sight and a little extra range.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm debating between 3 options really! (Options of what I should get next to build onto my Skaven and keep me busy with painting)

Option #1
-Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace Kit
-Hell Pit Abomination

Option #2
-x40 Plague Monks

Option #3
-More Clanrats (Maybe 40-60 more)

With any option, I'm definitely getting the Screaming Bell Kit :) With a little work and conversions, I'll get an interchangeable Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace, a Grey Seer, and a Plague Priest! (Which is ATLEAST 490 points with a Plague Furnace build, or ATLEAST 540 with the Screaming Bell).

The second option is open to debate! The Hell Pit seems like a nice addition (Good monster, 235 point add-on), but I wouldn't be able to use it and the Doomwheel unless it's 1540 points+
Plague monks could be a nice touch, and could push the Plague Furnace.
More clanrats could push the Screaming Bell, or they could be used as slaves.
(All the options seem so good!)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got my Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace kit! :) I was wondering if there are any tutorials on how to magnetize the set so I could interchange between the screaming bell and the plague furnace.. and if there's a way to magnetize the Grey Seer/Plague Priest so I can interchange them to being on the mount, or being on a standard base :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bought/Painted/Based my new Hell Pit Abomination! :) With everything together, I can get up to at least 1500 points! When I magnetize the Screaming Bell, Plague Priest, and Grey Seer, I should be able to easily get 2000 points!

Any more suggestions in terms of use and fun? I was thinking of getting 40 plague monks (They're insanely good in close combat, and I can use the plague firnace with them!) and some more clanrats to use as clanrats/slaves. What do you think guys? :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Get a nice block of plague monks with censor bearers and put the plague priest in this block if you arent using Plague Furnace for close range shenanigans :) this is my favoured tactic against my brothers High Elves. Also the ratling gun is a great laugh even if it fails. Perhaps a 20 strong Stormvermin block for a bit of Rat Ogre and Stormvermin combat sandwich.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My new army composition! :) Only counting painted models this time (minus the plague priest and grey seer)
x1 Warlord from IOB
x1 Warlock Engineer
x100 Clanrats
x4 Rat Ogres
x1 Posioned Wind Mortar
x1 Warpfire Thrower
x1 Doomwheel
x1 Hell Pit Abomination
x1 Magnetized Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace

With upgrades, and taking the Screaming Bell, I can easily get to 2000 points :)
I'm thinking I need to add some special units though.. maybe a big block of plague monks, or a box of night runners (to use as gutter runners)
Suggestions? :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Stormvermin. Good combat beasts and they look great. I never make a list without one block. They stand out really well in an army. Havent really used night/gutter runners so dunno about them but in theory very useful. Plague Monks are always a good choice though.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Personally, I'd suggest on making a choice, between the Bell and the Furnace. The furnace goes so well, with mass monks and bearers.

Globadiers and RGs, are my favorite teams. Simply devastating, and entertaining, when they "oops".

You'll need slaves, as well as clanrats, if you're going in that direction. Remember, unlike other armies, we CAN shoot into combat. So, tie up a unit with slaves, then use your teams against them.

You'll need a BSB.

Current opinions suggest, 2 WLCs, then your choice of "rare". Again, this depends on your army's idea and direction.

:beer:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's been a while! Looking to expand my army even more. All my models are painted, and I'm itching to expand the Skaven army. Currently I have:
x1 Warlord from IOB
x1 Warlock Engineer from IOB
x1 Plague Priest from Screaming Bell kit (Magnetized to be able to go onto a base and the furnace)
x1 Grey Seer from Screaming Bell kit (Converted to be able to go on a base and on the bell)

x100 Clanrats
x4 Rat Ogres
x1 Poisoned Wind Mortar
x1 Warpfire Thrower

x1 Doomwheel
x1 Hell Pit Abomination

I want to be able to play 2000-2500 points, so I was wondering what models I should get to fill up those points. I was thinking of getting more clanrats for slaves/clanrats, so I can have bigger blocks. I've alwso been thinking of getting 2 boxes of plague monks. Lemme know what I should pick up and paint :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
It's been a while! Looking to expand my army even more. All my models are painted, and I'm itching to expand the Skaven army. Currently I have:
x1 Warlord from IOB
x1 Warlock Engineer from IOB
x1 Plague Priest from Screaming Bell kit (Magnetized to be able to go onto a base and the furnace)
x1 Grey Seer from Screaming Bell kit (Converted to be able to go on a base and on the bell)

x100 Clanrats
x4 Rat Ogres
x1 Poisoned Wind Mortar
x1 Warpfire Thrower

x1 Doomwheel
x1 Hell Pit Abomination

I want to be able to play 2000-2500 points, so I was wondering what models I should get to fill up those points. I was thinking of getting more clanrats for slaves/clanrats, so I can have bigger blocks. I've alwso been thinking of getting 2 boxes of plague monks. Lemme know what I should pick up and paint :)
If you want to field the furnace you need to have a block of plague monks, otherwise your furnace can't move at all.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After trading in some 40k models (For a REALLY good deal! :D ), this is what I'll end up with:

x2 Grey Seers
x1 Screaming Bell
x1 Plague Furnace
x2 Plague Priests
x1 Queek Headtaker - Usually use him as a Warlord. His model is just so cool:laugh:
x1 Chieftain BSB
x1 Warlock Engineer
x2 Warp Lightning Cannons
x2 Doomwheels
x1 Hell Pit Abomination
x280 Clanrats (Slaves/Clanrats/Stormvermin proxies)
x40 Plague Monks
x6 Rat Ogres
x2 Poisoned Wind Mortars
x2 Warpfire Throwers

All of this clocks in at around 4,000 points (assuming all the clanrats are un-upgraded clanrats.. so Stormvermin proxies = MORE POINTS). All I really need is to get some Gutter Runners, and I'd say I have a pretty set Skaven Army, where I can basically put in anything I want in a standard game :)
It's been nice expanding my army. I think after I get some Gutter Runners and paint everything up, I'm going to be done expanding Skaven for a long time. The only thing I can think of getting is a Brood Horror from Forgeworld as a cool second version of the Hell Pit Abomination.

I can't wait to use these models in high point games :)
Thinking of even making some batreps for you guys. Anyways, best of luck, my rat friends! :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys! I'm back, and it's crazy to think that the last time I posted here was 7 months ago.

Speaking of expanded armies, my Skaven army has only gotten bigger, and I'm actually planning a 6,000 point match against Lizardmen soon! Let me know if you guys would want me to keep notes down and make some form of a batrep with them. :) Until then, stay tuned for that!

However, these are some new additions to my army:

x1 Hell Pit Abomination
x1 Plague Furnace
x3 Warlock Engineers
x40 Plague Monks
x60 Stormvermin
x2 Rat Ogres (used for conversions, listed below)

SO IN TOTAL:

x2 Grey Seers
x1 Screaming Bell
x2 Plague Furnace
x2 Plague Priests
x1 Queek Headtaker
x1 Chieftain BSB
x1 Warlord on Rat Ogre Bonebreaker
x1 Warlord on War Litter
x4 Warlock Engineers
x2 Warp Lightning Cannons
x2 Doomwheels
x2 Hell Pit Abomination
x280 Clanrats (Slaves/Clanrats)
x80 Plague Monks
x60 Stormvermin
x8 Rat Ogres (Usually used as unit fillers.. They are just too meh for my tastes)
x2 Poisoned Wind Mortars
x2 Warpfire Throwers

Like I said, I'm planning a 6,000 point list currently, which should be tons of fun. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts