Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im starting Tyranids and so far I have

-Codex and Rulebook (obviously)
-1 Broodlord
-8 Genestealers
-8 Gaunts
-8 Hormagaunts
-1 Carnifex

I want to expand to a 1750-2000 pts but im not sure what to get. I was thinking maybe a lictor, some ravaners, genestealers and hormagaunts. Any suggestions? Thx!

·
Registered
156 Posts
A big bunch of nid warriors can pass for a HQ, but you might want to go for the Tyrant and some guards to back your Carnifex up if you are going CC....

But unless you are going Godzilla, I would say just keep buying stealers and gaunts.

·
Supreme Evil Overlord
4,873 Posts
At the very least 1 more box of gaunts, 2 or 3 would be even better, some extra warriors to erxpand the brood you already have, a Hive Tyrant to add extra punch, this will provide you with a good core army.

Then you start thinking about your opponents and what armies they field and you take the creatures to best combat them, biovores for against horde armies like orks, IG, Eldar, DE or zoanthropes for dealing with MEQ (= Marine Equivalent ) armies.
If the enemy has a slow army then fast units like raveners or gargoyles are the models to aid.
If your playing on boards with lot's of scenery on it then invest in more genestealer and lictors.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My brain finally took in the fact you have a broodlord..

So logically, since BL works with Genestealers, wouldn't it make sense to go with troops of stealers? :p Plus you can probably think up some fluff for it, like the Genestealers (being the vanguard) is starting the attack with some regular 'nids behind them. :p

I'm thinking stealers as your main troop, with some hormas to help out. Then arm your fex, warriors and tyrant, if you get want with VCs, Barbed Stranglers and have them blasting away...

No wait, it looks cool in my head, but then again, you might want to use your big 'uns as cover. Maybe have a fex with CC stuff leading the way.

I DON'T KNOW. :O

·
The Love Muffin
1,830 Posts
What you have there looks to be just a bit over 500 points. Maybe aim towards 1000 points instead of 1750-2000?

What you might want

-Tyrant
-Another fex
-2-3 more boxes of gaunts
-2-3 boxes of warriors

Everything else is up to your own playing style; Raveners, Zoanthropes, Biovores, Gargoyles and such.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts