Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondeing how expensive is your grandmaster/inquisitor and what equipment does he use?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Grand Masters are a whopping 145 points... but then again, they have Terminator Armour, Storm Bolters and Nemesis Force Weapons by default, and on TOP of that you can include other wargear.

The Inquisitor, (I'm assuming you mean the HQ one,) is a mere 45 points... at first. But it's save is 3+ and is has no initial wargear, AND you are required to buy at least 3 henchmen for him. Even if you made them all familiars, (the cheapest henchman,) they're each 6, so the lowest an Inquisitor can cost is 63. However, if you take 3 acolytes, (8 points each,) it costs 69 points, but you basically give the Inquisitor extra wounds, (should he come under fire and his acolytes aren't already dead.)

On top of this, at least imo, the wargear is VERY tempting. ^_^ and if you're fighting daemons, psycannon bolts are a must.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I give my grand master a holy relic swith the storm bolter a power weapon thats 185 points i also take plenty of termies. and i put stupid guardsmen in front of them as cannon fodder :D :p

·
Registered
198 Posts
i just take a GM with no upgrades, 145 pt. is alot for a single model and any more would be removing points needed desparately for GK's

he already has 2+ armour save, 5+ invunerable save, storm bolter AND a force weapon and so is awsome without any extra gear, all i would add in larger battles would be anti-daemon stuff and that would most likly be psycannon bolts (AP4 so its good normally and no - invunerable is useful against most armies)

·
Registered
372 Posts
I always take psycannon bolts, Icon of the Just and Hammerhead as upgrades for my Grand master...........ap4 ignore invunerable save storm bolter, 4+ invulnerable save and and phychic move that gives you streangth 8....good for tanks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm giving my Inquisitor lord (who's going to hang out with my guardsmen) terminator armor, demonhammer, grimoire o' names, incinerator, holocaust, and word of the emperor. His retinue (so far) has 2 combat servitors and 2 servo-skulls. I'm considering Icon of the just (it rocks!) and tacking on other little bits of wargear depending on who I am fighting.

I got the parts, but I haven't made up the model yet. It should be fun :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
My Grand Master is 225 with all its standard stuff, icon, master-crafted sword, Hammerhand, Pricey but he hasn't failed me yet.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Because you can't, lol :) Remember only things marked with a * can be used by models in terminator armour, so Hammer hand bcomes the only way for a person to up the strength to 8 and have a better chance at killing tanks. :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Instead of an Icon, I give my GM a stormshield. The model looks like a Knight, and it's a better deal. Yeah, you lose a storm bolter, but it's just a single storm bolter, not that dangerous.

·
LO Zealot
1,226 Posts
When I make my army lists I find that I've spent far too much on my Inquisitor Lord and Henchmen. It is not uncommen for it to be well over 400 points! I often realise how stupid this is and mow the cost down to 150-250.
Also I'd rather have an Icon and Storm Bolter than a Storm Shield because it only works for close combat.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yes, but an Icon is expensive, and he already has a 5+ save. Plus, if you're not an idiot, he will join a terminator squad.

·
Registered
425 Posts
A 5+ save isn't worth much really, its good to have a shot at making the save but atleast a 4+ is more reliable....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes, stuff marked with an asterisk (*) on the wargear list is the only stuff terminator-armoured models can use, but it also clearly states that a GK hero can choose a psychic power, I would assume this supersedes the asterisk. Unfortunately that does indeed rule out melta bombs :( . Hammerhand's a lot more expensive but it seems like the best option for anti-tank termies in light of that.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Or you could just give one of the termies in his retinue a thunder hammer and storm shield. You can take terminators from the elites slot in the army book, which means that they can take the options (this includes a second holocaust!)

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'd like to ask though is how many points are you guys using?

Wouldn't an Inquisitor Lord be a cheaper option?

·
Registered
93 Posts
You can't give the termies in his retinue anything but what it says in their entry; they don't have access to wargear. 2 Holocausts sounds fun, but without a Brother-Captain where's the focus for the second one? I think this question may have already been addressed on this forum but I can't remember where, and it was in a somewhat different form. But I don't remember for sure, and even if it was it might ne nice to post the answer on here. Perhaps the Hero would become the focus for both Holocausts? That doesn't seem quite fair, but maybe it's the case.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.